- Southeast Missouri State Univeristy, B.S., 1974; M.A., 1976
- St. Mary's University, J.D., 1981
- St. Mary’s University, Law Review
- Board Certified in Commercial Real Estate Law
1200 Smith Street
Houston, TX 77002-4310
James E. Berry maintains a general real estate practice with a particular emphasis on commercial real estate. He is experienced in all aspects of acquisitions, dispositions, finance, development, leasing and management of real property. Mr. Berry has represented a range of clients including physicians, architects and professional service providers, as well as larger institutional clients acquiring multiple business locations.
Mr. Berry’s representation frequently extends to serving as general business counsel, providing advice and assistance regarding the broader scope of business legal concerns, including supervising outside counsel. Additionally, Mr. Berry has extensive experience in the representation of automobile dealerships, including both the acquisition and disposition of dealerships.
Mr. Berry also serves as General Counsel for the Houston Golf Association. He provides council for the Board of Directors and the professional staff of the charitable organization that manages Junior Golf and First Tee programs, and the Houston PGA tour event. He has successfully negotiated and completed sports related contracts with vendors, the tournament sponsor, the tournament venue owner and the PGA Tour.
Seminars & Presentations
- "Proposed Houston Zoning Ordinance,” Chamberlain Tax Forums, 1986.
Articles & Publications
- Property Division Case Note, St. Mary's University Law Journal, Vol. 13, No. 2, 1981
- "Choose the Best Business Entity to Purchase and Hold Real Estate," Houston Business Journal, January 23, 2004
- General Counsel, Houston Golf Association, 2000- Present.
- Vice-Chairman of Shell Houston Open (Professional Golf Event), 2007-2008.
- American Bar Association
- Houston Bar Association