- LL.M. Taxation, Georgetown University Law Center (2010)
- J.D., University of Houston Law Center (2009)
- M.S. Accountancy, University of Houston, C.T. Bauer College of Business (2009)
- B.A. Philosophy; Law & Society, University of California Santa Barbara (2005)
- Regent, University of Houston System Board of Regents, Appointed by Governor Rick Perry, 2008 - 2009
- Member, University of Houston System Academic and Student Success Committee
- Member, University of Houston System Facilities, Construction and Master Planning Committee
- Articles Editor, Houston Journal of International Law
- Financial Associate, The Advocates
- Treasurer, Phi Alpha Delta
- University of Houston Law Center Pro Bono Volunteer Initiative Award recipient
- Finalist, American Bar Association Regional Negotiation Moot Court Competition
- United States Tax Court
- Eastern District of Texas, Southern District of Texas
1200 Smith Street
Houston, TX 77002-4310
Tamara Woods concentrates her practice on federal, state, local and international transactional tax and tax controversy matters, including in connection with examinations, administrative appeals and trials. She is also a Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
Ms. Woods strongly believes in giving back to the Houston community and is proud to have served as past Regent on the University of Houston System Board of Regents and supporting committees, as well as other organizations where she has volunteered her time.
Seminars & Presentations
- Obama or Romney…Doesn’t Matter, FATCA’s Coming and It’s Time to Prepare, presented at Chamberlain, Hrdlicka, White, William & Aughtry’s Annual Tax & Business Planning Seminar, November 2012.
- Taxation of Professional Athletes, Presented to the Houston CPA Society, September 2012.
- 2011 Tax Return Preparation Issues, Presented at Chamberlain Hrdlicka, White, William & Aughtry’s Tax Forums, February 2012.
- Foreign Filing Footfaults, Presented at Chamberlain, Hrdlicka, White, William & Aughtry’s Tax Forums, August 2012.
- International Tax Reporting: The IRS Wants More Reading Materials, and Taxpayers are at the Bookstore, Presented at the TSCPA Rio Grande Valley Chapter, August 2012.
- American Bar Association, Section of Taxation, Member
- Houston Bar Association, Section of Taxation, Council Member
- Certified Public Accountant, Texas
- Texas Society of CPA's, Member
- Houston Society of Certified Public Accountants, Member
- Junior League of Houston, Inc., Provisional Member
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation- Gulf Coast Chapter, Great Strides Committee Member