- LL.M. Taxation, Georgetown University Law Center (2010)
- J.D., University of Houston Law Center (2009)
- M.S. Accountancy, University of Houston, C.T. Bauer College of Business (2009)
- B.A. Philosophy; Law & Society, University of California Santa Barbara (2005)
- Named a "Texas Rising Star" by the publishers of Texas Monthly in its annual publication of Texas Super Lawyers: Rising Stars Edition, 2014
- Regent, University of Houston System Board of Regents, Appointed by Governor Rick Perry, 2008 - 2009
- Articles Editor, Houston Journal of International Law
- United States Tax Court, Eastern District of Texas, Southern District of Texas, Northern District of Texas
1200 Smith Street
Houston, TX 77002-4310
Tamara Woods concentrates her practice on federal, state, local and international transactional tax and tax controversy matters, including in connection with examinations, administrative appeals and trials. She is also a Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
Ms. Woods strongly believes in giving back to the Houston community and is proud to have served as past Regent on the University of Houston System Board of Regents and supporting committees, as well as other organizations where she has volunteered her time.
Seminars & Presentations
Oil, Gas, and Foreign Reporting- What you Should Know, Presented at PASH Financial Reporting/Tax Committee Meeting, March 2014.
- FATCA: A New Era, Presented at Houston CPA Society’s 24th Annual CPE Tax Expo, January 2014.
- Tax Basics for Buying and Selling Oil and Gas Interests, Presented at Chamberlain, Hrdlicka, White, Williams & Aughtry’s Annual Tax & Business Planning Seminar, December 2013.
- Foreign Reporting and FATCA: What You Should Know, Presented at Houston CPA Society, Bay Area Satellite Group, June 2013.
- Basic Federal Income Tax Issues in Oil & Gas Operations and Transactions, Presented at Houston CPA Society's 24th Annual Spring Accounting Expo, May 2013.
- Obama or Romney…Doesn’t Matter, FATCA’s Coming and It’s Time to Prepare, Presented at Chamberlain, Hrdlicka, White, William & Aughtry’s Annual Tax & Business Planning Seminar, November 2012.
- Taxation of Professional Athletes, Presented to the Houston CPA Society, September 2012.
- 2011 Tax Return Preparation Issues, Presented at Chamberlain Hrdlicka, White, William & Aughtry’s Tax Forums, February 2012.
- Foreign Filing Footfaults, Presented at Chamberlain, Hrdlicka, White, William & Aughtry’s Tax Forums, August 2012.
- International Tax Reporting: The IRS Wants More Reading Materials, and Taxpayers are at the Bookstore, Presented at the TSCPA Rio Grande Valley Chapter, August 2012.
- Nine Chamberlain Hrdlicka Attorneys Recognized as 2014 Texas Rising StarsUp-and-Coming Attorneys Chosen by Their Peers in Rigorous Selection ProcessMarch 13, 2014
Articles & Publications
- How the Oil and Gas Industry Can Prepare For FATCA, Federal Bar Association Corporate & Association Counsel Division Newsletter, Spring 2014.
- Houston Bar Association, Section of Taxation, Council Member (2012-2013), Treasurer (2013-2014) and Secretary (2014-2015)
- Certified Public Accountant, Texas
- Texas Society of CPA's, Member
- Houston CPA Society, Member and Tax Expo Committee Member
- Junior League of Houston, Inc., Member, Publishing Treasurer (2013-2014), Development Council (2013-2014), Finance Council (2013-2015) and Finance Communication Manager (2014-2015)
- Houston Young Lawyers Foundation, Fellow