- LL.M. Taxation, Honors, Georgetown University Law Center (2011)
- J.D., Cum Laude, University of Houston Law Center (2010)
- B.A., Honors, University of Texas at Austin (2005)
- United States Tax Court
1200 Smith Street
Houston, TX 77002-4310
Sebastien Chain joined the firm as an associate in June 2011. He concentrates his practice on federal tax controversy and criminal tax matters, and represents clients at the examination level, administrative appeals, and trial. He also represents clients in domestic and international tax planning matters. Mr. Chain is also an active member of the Tax Sections of the American and Houston Bar Associations.
Seminars and Presentations
- Obama or Romney…Doesn’t Matter, FATCA’s Coming and It’s Time to Prepare, presented at Chamberlain, Hrdlicka, White, William & Aughtry’s Annual Tax & Business Planning Seminar, November 2012.
- Taxation of Professional Athletes, presented to the Houston CPA Society, September 2012.
- International Tax Reporting: The IRS Wants More Reading Material, and Taxpayers Are the Bookstore, presented at 2012 Rio Grande Valley Chapter's Business & Industry Symposium.
- Foreign Filing Footfaults, presented at 2012 Chamberlain, Hrdlicka Houston Monthly Tax Forum.
- Houston Bar Association, Tax Section
- American Bar Association, Tax Section