Purdue University, B.S., 1996
University of Houston Law Center, J.D., 1999
"Rising Star" by Texas Monthly, Intellectual Property, 2012, 2014
"Top Lawyer in Houston" by H-Texas Magazine, 2013-2015
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
United States Patent and Trademark Office
Collin's practice includes providing full-service intellectual property legal advice. Collin advises clients on all aspects of intellectual property transactions on a world-wide basis. Collin assists clients develop and manage international intellectual property portfolios. Collin also advises in adversarial legal proceedings and provides legal opinions regarding potential exposure to third party patents. Collin also assists clients in post grant challenges before the United States Patent and Trademark Office. Collin has extensive patent experience in the energy, manufacturing, and medical device/treatment industries.
Collin is proud to be a native Houstonian and believes in giving back to the community. Collin has spent time volunteering on the steering committee for the Small Steps Clays Classic, which benefits Small Steps Nurturing Center, a non-profit organization that provides early childhood education and support to at-risk children in Houston, Texas. Collin also volunteers as a board member of Autumn's Dawn, which provides transitional services for young adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
Safoco, Inc. v. Cameron Int’l Corp., 2009 WL 2424108 (S.D. Tex. July 31, 2009) (order granting summary judgment of no willful infringement in favor of Defendant in patent case over actuators used with wellhead equipment).
"Many thanks to you and your colleagues for the detailed advice that you have provided and for the timeliness of the information. It was much appreciated. It was always clear that patent advice would be central to this transaction and your firm provided a clear summary of the position backed up by detailed analysis. We are most grateful."
- The Honorable Nancy F. Atlas Intellectual Property Inn of Court
- Previous Board member of the Houston Intellectual Property Lawyers Association
- Society of Petroleum Engineers
- September 2014
- Up-and-Coming Attorneys Chosen by Their Peers in Rigorous Selection ProcessMarch 13, 2014
- Clients and Peers Recognize Attorneys Spanning Five Practice AreasAugust 2013
- Distinction recongnizes Attorneys Spanning Four Practice Areas, Chosen by Clients & PeersH Magazine, August 6, 2012
- Rigorous Selection Process Recognizes Up-and-Coming Attorneys, Chosen by Their PeersMarch 2012
Articles & Publications
- Co-author of the O'Connor's Federal Intellectual Property Codes Plus book published by Jones McClure.