Mercer University, A.B, 1955
Mercer University, Walter F. George Law School, LLB, 1961
Georgetown University Law Center, LLM (taxation), 1969
Texas State Courts
Georgia State Courts
U.S. Court for the Southern District of Texas
U.S. Court for the Middle District of Georgia
United States Tax Court
Sidney B. Williams focuses his practice on business, tax and corporate planning and consulting with respect to forming, capitalizing, operating, acquiring and disposing of business entities and their interests. He provides counseling and other legal services to a variety of individuals, families and business entities including partnerships, limited liability companies and public and closely held corporations with respect to various commercial legal matters. He assists clients with organizing and structuring business entities, succession planning, compensation and governance matters, preparing and negotiating contracts, business acquisitions, business dispositions and providing consulting with respect to a variety of other business transactions.
Prior to joining the firm, he was first a trial attorney with the Chief Counsel of the Internal Revenue Service in Dallas, Texas and thereafter a trial attorney with the Tax Division of the United States Department of Justice in Washington, D.C. He has frequently represented businesses from the initial stage of development until their successful sale to larger entities. During the course of such representations, he has assisted clients with financings, general business and legal planning matters, acquisitions of other entities, disposing of businesses and assets and developing and implementing other exit strategies including in some instances public offerings of securities. Several of Mr. Williams’ clients currently or previously have been engaged in various aspects of the energy industry and in the waste management, insurance brokerage, commercial furniture, housing and technology industries.
- Mr. Williams has represented a large number of clients in acquisitions and dispositions of businesses and business assets and in providing general commercial legal counseling. His experience also includes representing clients in preparing for and implementing various exit strategies, including original and secondary public offerings of securities.
- Mr. Williams is currently and has been since the date of its organization a member of the Board of Directors of a public company for which he provided original incorporation services at the time of the formation. He is also a member of its Executive Committee and Chairman of the Governance and Nominating Committee.
- Member, Texas Bar Association
- Member, Georgia Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association