Chamberlain Hrdlicka’s Energy and Maritime attorneys are well-versed in a broad scope of legal issues affecting the upstream section of the oil, gas, and energy industry. Our team of Energy and Maritime lawyers are experienced in transactional, regulatory, and litigation/dispute resolution issues, from the perspective of outside counsel, as well as in-house counsel and outside general counsel. What follows are examples of the results we provide to our clients.
- Drafting and negotiation of sales contracts for various vessels, including FPSO vessels valued in excess of $3 billion dollars.
- Assistance, drafting, and negotiation of multiple Engineering, Procurement, Construction, and Installation and Operations contracts for international offshore oil and gas projects valued between $500 million and $1.5 billion dollars.
- Our attorneys routinely negotiate, draft, and analyze master service agreements for upstream operators.
- Our attorneys frequently draft indemnification, defense, hold harmless, and additional assured agreements to comply with all applicable laws, including but not limited to the Texas Oilfield Anti-Indemnity Statute, the Louisiana Oilfield Anti-Indemnity Statute, as well as Ethyl Corporation v. Daniel Construction Company.
- Representation of independent oil and gas producers in all phases including leasing and/or purchasing of interests in producing and non-producing properties, drilling and transportation and sale of oil and gas production.
- Representation of landowner/mineral interest owners in oil and gas leasing and other conveyance issues, and in right-of-way, easement and other surface and subsurface issues.
- Served as principal outside counsel for independent oil and gas company owning working interests and royalty interests in wells located in Fayette, Lee and Burleson Counties, Texas; legal issues involving review and analysis of oil and gas leases, farmout agreements, drilling contracts, operating agreements, gas contracts, oil purchase contracts, assignments, division orders, easements, rights of way, drilling reports, production reports and other related instruments; all phases of contract negotiations, deal closing, workouts, mediation and coordination of litigation counsel.
- Provided representation to independent producer financing clients in over 150 transactions providing funding to small and midsize operators in Texas, Oklahoma and Louisiana in return for the purchase of oil and gas production payments and permanent overriding royalty interests in the subject properties.
- Preparation of conveyances of production payments, of corresponding production and delivery agreements, of assignments of overriding royalty interests and of amendments thereto.
- Our attorneys serve as outside general counsel to two (2) international engineering, project management, and marine construction firms, as well as to an upstream security services provider for land-based drilling operations.
- We routinely advise our clients and provide legal services in the areas of project finance, renewable energy, mergers and acquisitions, as well as corporate joint venture structuring.
- Prevailed in arbitrating a claim for indemnity made against our Firm’s client arising out of the collapse of a drill rig in which our client faced potential exposure to personal injury and property damage in excess of $25 million dollars.
- Successfully defended a drilling contractor against claims from an operator in excess of $20 billion dollars relating to delays in the commencement of drilling operations.
- Successfully prosecuted a claim against the United States Department of Labor, the first such victory over the federal government in 75 years, resulting in exoneration for our client, an oilfield support services company, from an alleged wrongful employee classification penalty in excess of $6 million dollars.
- Prosecution and defense of contractual indemnification disputes between offshore operators.
- Enforcing and defending multiple claims for defense, indemnity, and additional assured coverage under oilfield Master Service Agreements.
- Administered actions to enforce mineral liens on behalf of oilfield services contractors.
- General commercial, property damage, personal injury, and wrongful death litigation on behalf of offshore and onshore oilfield drilling contractors, sub-contractors, and service providers.
- Provide pre-dispute assistance to clients on regular basis in effort to avoid formal proceedings.