Texas A&M University, 2001
South Texas College of Law, 2005, with honors
Named a "Rising Star" by Texas Lawyer, 2016, 2017
United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
Cade maintains a diverse litigation practice with an emphasis on insurance coverage disputes, products liability, personal injury, as well as commercial disputes including property/contract related admiralty/maritime issues including the arbitration of Charter Party agreements. He has also handled the resolution of cargo claims governed by "COGSA" - the Carriage of Goods by Sea Act. His insurance coverage practice includes authoring coverage opinions and representing domestic insurers and London market companies in coverage litigation arising under CGL, D&O, E&O, commercial property, energy package and professional liability policies. Cade has successfully represented both policyholders and carriers in prosecuting and defending insurance coverage matters, and his intimate understanding of insurance contracts, along with his ability to simplify the issues, has enhanced his success in insurance litigation.
Cade believes that early identification of strengths and weaknesses of a client’s position is key to the successful resolution of a case. He works tirelessly with his clients to identify these issues, while also recognizing that clients expect an efficient and business-oriented outcome. As a result, Cade has successfully prosecuted and defended numerous actions in state and federal courts and arbitration proceedings, saving clients that have been sued millions of dollars in the process.
Born in Lockhart, Texas, Cade earned his Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial Distribution from Texas A&M University. Cade obtained his Juris Doctorate from South Texas College of Law in Houston, Texas where he graduated with honors.
- Prevailed on numerous dispositive motions in state and federal court in insurance coverage actions.
- Successfully represented exploration company in multi-million dollar products liability matter wherein oilfield equipment manufacturer’s firing head prematurely detonated down hole.
- Successfully defended commercial property owner against property damage claims by tenant arising out of Hurricane Ike.
- Defended numerous property owners in premises liability lawsuits involving catastrophic injuries.
- Successfully represented both policyholders and insurers in coverage disputes in Texas, Louisiana and Mississippi.
- Successful defense of electrical contractor in personal injury lawsuit wherein employee of other contractor alleged injuries due to electrocution.
- Prevailed in collection suit against governmental entity wherein governmental entity failed to pay third-party educational institution as required by contract.
- Successfully defended drilling contractor in multi-million dollar suit wherein pipe was lost down hole and owner of well alleged contractor’s rig malfunction caused pipe to break.
- Texas Bar Association
- Houston Bar Association
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Young Professionals in Energy
- Oil & Gas Section of the State Bar of Texas
- Insurance Section of the State Bar of Texas
- Litigation Section of the State Bar of Texas
- Attorneys from Six Practice Areas Receive Coveted RecognitionMarch 18, 2016