Salutatorian, Summa Cum Laude, Saint Mary’s School of Law, Juris Doctor.
Intern to Judge Fred Biery, United States District Court for the Western District of Texas.
Intern to Justice Phylis J. Speedlin, Fourth Court of Appeals.
Named among the Best Lawyers by San Antonio Scene Magazine.
Recipient of Martin D. Beirne Editor’s Excellence Award, St. Mary’s Law Journal.
Member of Phi Delta Phi, national legal honor society.
Member of Harlan Society, Saint Mary’s School of Law honor society.
Member of North Chamber Leadership Lab.
John Muller is a litigator who focuses his practice on commercial and fiduciary disputes, business torts, and state and local tax controversy matters. John has significant trial experience and an extensive background in tax and accounting that allows him to efficiently analyze complex transactions. He works with a team of forensic accountants, private investigators, technology experts, and business receivers who are capable of efficiently generating results.
- Represented a commercial landlord and, after a ten-day jury trial, successfully resolved a dispute involving fraudulent transfers of a tenant’s assets.
- Received judgment in favor of Fortune 500 landlord in breach of lease and vicarious liability lawsuit involving complex transfers between related entities.
- Received summary judgment on behalf of a national bank in breach of guaranty matter and received no evidence summary judgments relating to multiple fraud and aiding and abetting counterclaims.
- Represented an energy company in commercial litigation involving multiple vendor contracts and sworn accounts.
- Represented a retailer in a partnership dispute involving employee embezzlement and vendor claims made by related parties.
- Defended an HVAC equipment manufacturer in warranty and product liability case which resulted in dismissal of all adverse claims and cross-claims.
- Represented an automobile manufacturer in tax controversy matter involving taxability of sale-leaseback agreement under Texas Sales, Use, and Excise Tax.
- Represented a software developer in Texas Franchise Tax matter involving complex apportionment and combined reporting issues.
- Represented multiple taxpayers in multi-state nexus, audit, and state and local tax compliance and planning matters.
- Represented multiple taxpayers in ad valorem taxation litigation and administrative controversies.