Texas A&M University, 2001
South Texas College of Law, 2005, with honors
Named a "Rising Star" by Texas Lawyer, 2016, 2017
United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
Cade handles complex litigation involving the insurance, energy and construction sectors. His practices extends to pipeline disputes, offshore construction matters, product liability matters and construction defects as well as representing property owners in premises liability disputes and homeowners and condominium associations in residential disputes.
Cade’s practice also includes authoring coverage opinions and representing U.S. and London-based insurers in coverage and extra-contractual disputes arising under CGL, D&O, E&O, commercial property, energy package and professional liability policies.
Cade has been named a “Texas Rising Star” by Super Lawyers Magazine in separate fields—General Litigation and Insurance Coverage—an honor bestowed on less than 2.5 percent of Texas attorneys.
- Secured $3.1 million arbitration award for an offshore inspection, repair and maintenance company arising from a dispute under a Charter Party.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of intervening party in a $2 million dispute regarding whether Texas carrier must reimburse insured for compensation benefits it owes to separate carrier that were awarded in out-of-state jurisdiction.
- Secured defense summary judgment for commercial property owner against property damage claims by tenant arising out of Hurricane Ike.
- Secured take-nothing verdict for law firm in dispute regarding post-departure payments to former partner of law firm.
- Secured summary judgment in favor of carrier relating to claims for coverage for underlying software piracy lawsuit.
- Obtained six-figure settlement in favor of homeowners association wherein defendants failed to procure insurance.
- Represented client in age discrimination matter that resulted in no payment to claimant.
- Secured summary judgment for condominium association, including award of attorneys’ fees, in defense of claims that condominium association’s board did not comply with Texas Property Code requirements when amended governing documents.
- Texas Bar Association
- Houston Bar Association
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Young Professionals in Energy
- Oil & Gas Section of the State Bar of Texas
- Insurance Section of the State Bar of Texas
- Litigation Section of the State Bar of Texas
- Attorneys from Six Practice Areas Received Coveted RecognitionJune 2017
- Attorneys from Six Practice Areas Receive Coveted RecognitionMarch 18, 2016