University of Houston Law Center, J.D., 2015; Order of Barristers; Houston Journal of International Law, Board 38, Articles Editor
University of Oklahoma, B.A., 2007
United States District Court Southern District of Texas
United States District Court Eastern District of Texas
United States District Court Northern District of Texas
United States District Court Western District of Texas
Pierce Cox is a litigator familiar with regulatory compliance, fraud investigation, and electronic discovery. Pierce’s clients benefit from his experience at the Office of the Texas Attorney General and his strong advocacy skills.
Before entering law school, Pierce was an Investigator in the Texas Attorney General’s Consumer Protection Division for over three years. He then helped to establish a new, dedicated electronic discovery team for the agency as an eDiscovery Technician.
In law school Pierce won national and regional awards for his writing and speaking skills while competing as a member of the University of Houston Law Center Moot Court Team. Pierce also led The Advocates at UHLC as Executive Chair, and served as an Articles Editor on Board 38 of the Houston Journal of International Law. His international energy comment is published in Volume 37 of the Journal. Pierce is a member of the Order of Barristers and an Eagle Scout.
- Secured summary judgment for employer client on alleged breach of severance agreement.
- Drafted Rule 91a motion in complex lawsuit against attorney client which resulted in nonsuit.
- Obtained take-nothing summary judgment for insurer client in first-party action alleging bad-faith failure to pay under comprehensive auto policy.
Seminars & Presentations
#gumshoe: An Introduction to Gathering Evidence on the Web, presented at Cybersecurity: What State Prosecutors Need to Know hosted by National Association of Attorneys General, Spring 2011
- American Bar Association
- Texas Bar Association
- Houston Bar Association
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- International Association of Privacy Professionals