Purdue University, B.S., 1996
University of Houston Law Center, J.D., 1999
Listed in The Best Lawyers in America, 2019
"Top Lawyer in Houston" by H-Texas Magazine, 2013–2016
"Top Lawyer" by Houstonia Magazine, 2019
"Rising Star" by Texas Monthly, Intellectual Property, 2011–2014
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
United States Patent and Trademark Office
Collin Rose heads Chamberlain's intellectual property practice and he focuses on providing full-service intellectual property legal advice to his clients. Collin’s clients range from publicly-traded S&P 100® multinational corporations to small entities and he advises his clients on all aspects of intellectual property transactions on a world-wide basis. Collin also assists his clients develop and manage international intellectual property portfolios, including patents and trademarks. Collin also advises in adversarial legal proceedings and provides legal opinions regarding potential legal exposure to third party patents. Collin also assists his clients in post grant challenges before the United States Patent and Trademark Office, including oral argument in front of the United States Patent Trial and Appeal Board. Collin has extensive patent experience in the energy, manufacturing, processing, chemical, and medical device/treatment industries.
Collin is proud to be a native Houstonian and believes in giving back to the community. Collin has spent time volunteering on the steering committee for the Small Steps Clays Classic, which benefits Small Steps Nurturing Center, a non-profit organization that provides early childhood education and support to at-risk children in Houston, Texas. Collin also volunteers as a board member of Autumn's Dawn, which provides transitional services for young adults with Autism Spectrum Disorder.
- Aligning Your IP Goals with Your Business Plans, Centerforce IP Strategy Summit, Houston, Texas
Significant Matters and Results
- Successfully defended a client in a patent license dispute regarding medical device technology. Obtained a favorable settlement for the patent owner licensor.
- Successfully defended a client in a patent dispute involving valve actuators used with oilfield wellhead equipment. Obtained a favorable settlement for defendant.
"Many thanks to you and your colleagues for the detailed advice that you have provided and for the timeliness of the information. It was much appreciated. It was always clear that patent advice would be central to this transaction and your firm provided a clear summary of the position backed up by detailed analysis. We are most grateful."
- The Honorable Nancy F. Atlas Intellectual Property Inn of Court
- Previous Board member of the Houston Intellectual Property Lawyers Association
- PTAB Bar Association, Annual Conference Committee
- December 4, 2018
- Chamberlain Hrdlicka again named a "Best Law Firm" by US NewsNovember 1, 2018
- Peer Ranked in Construction, Eminent Domain, Employee Benefits (ERISA), Government Relations, Immigration, Litigation - Construction, Litigation - Trusts & Estates, Tax, Tax Litigation & Controversy, Trademark, Trusts & EstatesSeptember 18, 2018
- September 2014
- Up-and-Coming Attorneys Chosen by Their Peers in Rigorous Selection ProcessMarch 13, 2014
- Clients and Peers Recognize Attorneys Spanning Five Practice AreasAugust 2013
Articles & Publications
- Co-author of the O'Connor's Federal Intellectual Property Codes Plus book published by Jones McClure.