The University of Texas School of Law – Austin, Texas, (J.D., May 2003), Associate Editor, Texas Hispanic Journal of Law & Policy, President of the Chicano/Hispanic Law Student Association, Member of the University of Texas School of Law Admissions Committee
Institute of International and Comparative Law – Florence, Italy (2001)
Texas A&M University – College Station, Texas, (B.S. Political Science, with Honors, Minor in English, magna cum laude, and University Honors, May 2000), University Fellow, Dean’s List, Eisenhower Leadership Developmen
President's Award, Houston Bar Association - Houston, Texas, 2016
Named to the Texas Super Lawyers list by Super Lawyers®, a Thomson Reuters business, as featured in Texas Monthly and Texas Super Lawyers magazines, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016,2017
Latina Lawyer Under “40” Award, Mexican American Bar Association of Texas Foundation 2012
Named to the Texas Rising Stars list by Super Lawyers®, a Thomson Reuters business, as featured in Texas Monthly and Texas Rising Stars magazines, 2009, 2011-2013
President’s Award, Hispanic Bar Association of Houston – Houston, Texas, 2007, 2009 & 2015, 2016
Local Heroes Recognition, The Houston Lawyer Magazine, May/June, 2009
American Bar Foundation Fellow
Houston Bar Foundation Fellow
Texas Bar Foundation Fellow
Woodrow B. Seals Outstanding Young Lawyer of Houston Award, HYLA, 2007 – 2008
United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
United States District Court, Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas
Law Clerk, Travis County, County Attorney’s Office, Austin, Texas, Spring 2003
Summer Law Clerk, United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas, McAllen, Texas, Summer 2002
Intern, Travis County District Attorney's Office, Austin, Texas, Spring 2002
Law Clerk, Guajardo and Guajardo Law Firm, Austin, Texas, Spring 2002
Ms. Gomez is a talented trial attorney with extensive experience regarding civil lawsuits. Her current practice focuses on complex labor and employment disputes in state and federal courts as well as arbitration throughout the State of Texas. Additionally, Ms. Gomez also serves as a mediator on a variety of civil matters. Ms. Gomez has handled insurance, personal injury, premises liability, medical malpractice, and commercial contract litigation. Ms. Gomez is a Director for the Houston Bar Association. She has been named to “Super Lawyers List” by Texas Monthly and Texas Super Lawyers Magazine. Ms. Gomez is happily married to Judge Michael Gomez of the 129th Civil District Court for Harris County and they are proud parents of their children.
- Board of Directors: Houston Bar Association (HBA), Director – Position Two 2014-2018
- Board of Directors: Hispanic Bar Association of Houston (HisBA) 2006-2017
- Co-Chair: District Four, Texas Bar Foundation 2016
- Board of Directors: Mexican-American Bar Association of Houston (MABAH) 2013, 2016
- Chair: HBA Dispute Resolution Committee 2015-2016
- Committee Member: HBA Harvest Celebration Fundraising Committee 2016
- HBA Ambassador: HBA Ambassadors 2013-2015
- Co-Chair: HBA's Administration of Justice Committee for the Criminal District/Appellate Bench Bar Conference 2015-2016
- Committee Member: Harris County Bench Bar Pro Bono Awards Committee, 2015
- Committee Member: City of Houston Mayor's Transition Team - Education Committee 2016
- Vice Chair: City of Houston Municipal Civil Service Commission 2015-2016
- Vice Chair: City of Houston Police Officers’ and Fire Fighters’ Civil Service Commission 2015-2016
- Harris County Sheriff’s Civil Service Commission, Commissioner, 2013-2015
- Junior League of Houston, 2009 – 2017
- St. Patrick’s Church, Pastoral Council Member, 2007 – 2015
Publications and Speaking Engagements
- The Houston Lawyer, Houston, Texas (March/April 2009), Published in 2009 by The Houston Lawyer: A Profile in Professionalism.
- University of Texas School of Law 16th Annual Labor and Employment Law Conference CLE Program – Austin, Texas (May 28, 2009) – Defense Strategies for Employment Law Trials.
- University of California, Santa Cruz – Salinas, California (Spring 2008) Keynote Speaker, Center for Biomolecular Science and Engineering Education Forum: Building Student Achievement in Science Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (May 21, 2008).
- South Texas College of Law – Houston, Texas (Spring 2008) Speaker, Personal Injury Law Conference: Coverage and Stowers in the 21st Century (April 10, 2008).
- Houston Bar Association – Houston, Texas (Fall 2007) Speaker, Continuing Legal Education Seminar Series: Discovering the Right Approach: Discovery Disputes in Texas Insurance Litigation (Oct. 11, 2007).
- Houston Bar Association – Houston, Texas (Fall 2006) Speaker, All Day Ethics Program: Ethical Considerations for Insurance Litigation in Texas (Nov. 4, 2006).
- For the Defense, Covered Events, Insurance Law – Houston, Texas (September 28, 2006) Published in 2006 by Defense Research Institute: Texas Supreme Court Declares Mold Not Covered Under Homeowner Policies.
- Nursing Home Malpractice in Texas Seminar – Houston, Texas (Spring 2005) Published in 2005 by National Business Institute: Nursing Home Litigation after Tort Reform.
- Shareholder, Chamberlain Hrdlicka, Houston, Texas, February 2018 - present
- Partner, Martin, Disiere, Jefferson & Wisdom, L.L.P., Houston, Texas, January 2010 – February 2018
- Chief of Staff, U.S. Department of Education Office of Planning, Evaluation and Policy Development, Washington, D.C., June 2008 - January 2009
- Deputy Director, White House Initiative on Educational Excellence for Hispanic Americans, Washington, D.C., April 2008 – June 2008
- Associate, Martin, Disiere, Jefferson & Wisdom, L.L.P., Houston, Texas, July 2006 – April 2008, January 2009 - December 2009
- Preston Law Firm, L.L.P. (f/k/a Preston & Cowan), Houston, Texas, September 2003 – July 2006