Baylor University School of Law, J.D., 2012
University of Texas at Austin, B.S., Communication Studies, with honors, 2009
Erin Jansen advises clients on a diverse range of legal issues related to taxation, executive compensation, employee benefit plans, estate planning, and nonprofit and tax-exempt organizations. She represents individuals, nonprofit and tax-exempt organizations, public corporations, and closely held entities as well as publicly traded corporations.
She counsels clients on tax planning and compliance as well as issues involving business transactions, employee benefits and executive compensation.
Nonprofit and Tax-Exempt Organizations. Erin counsels nonprofit and tax-exempt organizations on a full range of issues, from formation to dissolution, including general governance, operations, compliance and reporting issues. She also represents nonprofit and tax-exempt organizations with respect to Internal Revenue Code Section 403(b) plans, Section 457 plans and other qualified plans.
Executive Compensation. Erin counsels clients regarding executive compensation matters and non-qualified deferred compensation plans, including incentive and non-statutory stock option agreements, stock appreciation rights, phantom stock arrangements, Supplemental Executive Retirement Plans (SERPs), 457(f) deferred compensation plans, employment agreements, and severance arrangements.
IRS Voluntary Compliance Programs. Erin advises clients on correcting retirement plan errors under the IRS’s voluntary compliance programs, and keeping such plans up to date by drafting amendments to plans for both changes in law and client-initiated changes.
HIPAA. Erin counsels clients regarding privacy law and the complex requirements of HIPAA for group health plans as well as other covered entities and their business associates.
Trusts and Estates. Erin represents individuals in the preparation of wills, trusts, powers of attorney, healthcare powers of attorney, directives to physicians and premarital agreements. She provides counsel on tax minimization and elimination strategies for large estates.
- Junior League of San Antonio
- United Way Emerging Leaders Council, Steering Committee
- United Way, Stewardship Review
- Bexar County Community Justice Program, Volunteer
- Tobin Center, Ghost Light Society
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas
- San Antonio Bar Association
- Bexar County Women’s Bar Foundation and Association
- San Antonio Young Lawyer’s Association
- Chamberlain Hrdlicka Expands and Extends Lease at Weston Centre as part of Continued Growth of the Law FirmDecember 2017
- New Hires Bring Expertise in ERISA and Employee Benefits, Tax Exempt Organizations, Tax Planning, and Tax ControversyAugust 22, 2017
Seminars & Presentations
- 2019 Chamberlain Hrdlicka West Houston Tax Forum - Marriott WestchaseHouston Marriott Westchase, 2900 Briarpark Dr., Houston, Texas 77042, June 27, 2019
- The Houstonian - 111 North Post Oak Lane, June 26, 2019
- Tax Blawg, May 23, 2019
- Tax Blawg, May 23, 2019