The University of Texas School of Law, J.D. 2015
The University of Texas at Austin, B.A., 2009
Order of Barristers (2015 Class)
National Voir Dire Mock Trial Competition - National Champion (2015)
National Voir Dire Mock Trial Competition - Best Advocate (2015)
Frederick Douglass Moot Court Competition - Best Brief and National Quarterfinalist (2015)
Stanley P. & Claudia P. Wilson Advocacy Presidential Scholarship (2014)
University of Texas Law School 1L Hutcheson Moot Court Competition - Quarterfinalist (2013)
Ewaen Woghiren is a skilled trial lawyer with significant experience handling every aspect of litigation, from the filing of initial pleadings through discovery, settlement, and trial. He has significant courtroom experience and has successfully tried two cases in the last two years that ended in complete defense verdicts in his clients’ favor.
Ewaen takes the time to understand his clients’ underlying interests and concerns, and works diligently to resolve their disputes. He understands that the best resolution of many disputes is a satisfactory settlement but he believes that the best settlements come from being fully prepared and able to try the case if necessary.
- Obtained Summary Judgment ruling on behalf of a Fortune 500 telecommunications client on all Plaintiff’s claims which included vicarious liability and gross negligence (2018)
- Obtained complete defense verdict in a week long jury trial on behalf of a construction company for an admitted collision between a street sweeper and Plaintiff’s vehicle (2017)
- Delivered opening statement, cross-examined Plaintiff’s medical expert, performed direct examination of client’s corporate representative, and argued pre-trial motions in a week long jury trial (2017)
- Obtained complete defense ruling in a bench trial in a landlord-tenant dispute involving claims of personal injury and discrimination (2016)
- Client non-suited by Plaintiff after filing a Rule 91a Motion to Dismiss (2015)