University of Illinois College of Law, J.D., Magna Cum Laude, Class of 2012
University of Houston Honors College, B.A. in Economics, Political Science, Classical Studies Minor, University Honors with Honors in Major, Class of 2009
Winner of University of Houston Honors College's Outstanding Thesis Award, 2009
Vice Chair of St. Kevork Armenian School Board, 2018 - Present
President of Ector County Bar Association, 2013-2014
Spirit of Dedication Award, Legal Aid of Northwest Texas, 2014
Jack Najarian is a level-headed problem solver with experience serving businesses the size of Fortune 500 companies to small businesses. He focuses on serving the needs of businesses and entrepreneurs and is known for caring about achieving long term success for his clients.
His diverse practice background in business and real estate and his pragmatic approach makes him an ideal trusted advisor for any transaction.
• Represent public home builder in its $3.5 million acquisition of unimproved land for the development of a Houston-area subdivision.
• Represented sandwich deli in $1.775 million lease buy-out of one of its Texas locations
• Negotiate Partnership Termination Agreement for break-up of offshore seismic licensing seismic joint venture
• Assisted mid-level publicly traded client in multi-million dollar real estate deals for land located in Texas, Florida, Pennsylvania, Georgia and North Carolina
• Assisted mid-level publicly traded client in multi-million dollar M&A deals for businesses located in North Carolina, Texas, Wisconsin, and California
• Formed Texas limited liability company, drafted operating agreement, and drafted buy-sell agreement for partners starting a renewable energy company.
• Assisted mid-level publicly traded client on implementing Code § 1031 tax deferral strategy in the buying and selling of its real estate holdings
• Lead in-house legal counsel for midsize consolidation company with respect to client’s real estate holdings consisting of hundreds of locations across 28 states.
• Lead attorney on $4 million lease purchase option buy-out in Florida.
• Represented developer in the financing and construction of a $10 million affordable housing apartment complex
• Assisted oilfield services client on $15 million sale of business to private equity company located in West Texas
• Assisted technology company in energy industry on $3.7 million sale of business to large energy company
• Coordinated aspects of the legal risk management for one of the Permian Basin’s major energy transportation service companies by analyzing and negotiating their master service agreements with their customers
• Guided an Illinois-based corporate “start-up” that develops drone technology through intellectual property law and corporate law issues
• Guided client through a business partnership “divorce” wherein the client became sole owner of the LLC
Seminars and Presentations
•Blockchain 101 Workshop, Speaker at the 2018 Computational Law & Blockchain Festival, Houston, Texas
•Can the Analog Blockchain Go Digital? The Potential Impact of Blockchain Technology on Oil & Gas, Speaker at the •2018 Computational Law & Blockchain Festival, Houston, Texas
• Legal Considerations in Starting a Business, UTPB Entrepreneur Expo, 2015
• Legal Considerations in Starting a Business, UTPB Entrepreneur Expo, 2014
• Division Order Law under the Texas Natural Resources, Code, Permian Basin Association of Division Order Analysts, 2013
- Estate Tax Liens, PBLA Takeoff, 2014
- Wonderful World of Trusts, PBLA Takeoff, 2014
- Receivership Suits: I Can't Find the Mineral Owner... What now?, PBLA Takeoff, 2013
- American Bar Association
- Houston Bar Association
- Texas Bar College