University of Texas, B.A., magna cum laude, 1993
University of Houston, J.D., 1996
Peter is a Senior Counsel in the firm's Business Group. He has significant experience advising executives, in-house counsel, boards, and investors in the development and successful execution of their corporate strategies. Peter is a proven difference-maker on behalf of his clients’ interests and objectives. Based in Houston, Texas, his practice includes representing public and private middle-market companies, as well as start-ups and entrepreneurs relating to:
- General corporate matters including corporate formation and organization, drafting and implementing business plans, and resolving issues relating to start-ups and growing companies.
- Negotiating and executing corporate acquisitions and dispositions, private placements of debt and equity securities, and convertible securities.
- Representing borrowers in commercial finance transactions, credit agreements, restructurings and other lender negotiations.
- Corporate governance matters, regulatory compliance, assessment of risks, securities compliance, Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, periodic reporting, proxy materials, annual meetings, contested director elections, corporate defensive strategies, insider/ownership reporting, and executive equity and compensation matters.
- Procurement of property, casualty, liability, employment practices, directors and officers, and excess insurance coverage as well as coverage disputes, and health and benefit plans.
- Preventing and resolving litigation, claims and disputes, sensitive employment matters, and class actions.
- Franchise development and operating agreements.
- Real estate financing, acquisitions, management, dispositions, landlord/tenant agreements, and property tax contests and dispute resolution.
Prior to joining Chamberlain Hrdlicka in 2019, Peter spent over 18 years at Luby’s, Inc. (LUB), a NYSE-listed Delaware Company in Houston, most recently serving as Luby’s General Counsel and Corporate Secretary. While at Luby’s, Inc., Peter also served as Chief Operating Officer and as a member of its Board of Directors.
A native Houstonian, Peter is married to his wife, Sarah, and they have three children.
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Houston Arboretum and Nature Center
- Member of the Executive Board and Chapter Officer of Young Presidents Organization
- Society of Corporate Secretaries and Governance Professionals
- National Association of Corporate Directors