Tax Attorney - Atlanta
Chamberlain Hrdlicka is searching for an Associate Attorney for its Tax Controversy Section in Atlanta, Georgia. The ideal candidate will have 4 to 6 years of tax controversy experience in a law firm environment, excellent client relationships and interpersonal skills, and a strong academic background. Candidates that are currently with an accounting firm will also be considered.
- 4 to 6 years of tax controversy experience in a law firm environment
- LL.M. in Tax strongly preferred, but not required
- Experience with tax controversy, disputes, litigation, audits, appeals (practical experience with tax disputes)
- Experience with federal income and estate/gift tax issues
- Strong academic and employment credentials
- Member of the Georgia Bar a plus
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in oral and written form with strong attention to detail
- Strong, proven writing skills
- Ability to work independently and efficiently, as well as within a team environment involving extensive collaboration with other attorneys, paralegals, and office staff
- Assist in projects in the various areas of the Firm's Tax Controversy Section
- Represent individual and company clients in tax and business matters, including the review and analysis of complex tax matters.
- Interface with IRS agents, Appeals Officers, and government attorneys at IRS Counsel and DOJ Tax Division.
- Build relationships with existing clients, including involvement in networking and business development activities
Qualified candidates should forward their resumes to Bonnie Lewis at Bonnie.Lewis@chamberlainlaw.com.
Philadelphia and San Antonio Positions:
To inquire about lateral opportunities, please send an e-mail to Jennifer Tuohy, Events and Recruiting Coordinator, at Jennifer.Tuohy@chamberlainlaw.com.