Corporate, Securities & Finance Associate in Houston Office
Our Houston office is seeking a transactional associate to join our expanding national M&A practice (currently comprised of 13 partners and 7 associates/of counsel). Experience with securities, bank finance, executive compensation, or real estate matters are a plus. Compensation, benefits, and lifestyle are highly competitive with other mid-size firms in the Houston market. Partnership opportunity and strong mentorship are available in a “team” environment.
The firm's business group represents middle market clients in a variety of industries with respect to their securities offerings, asset sales, mergers, executive compensation, and other business needs. This is a great opportunity with a highly regarded general corporate practice for hands-on experience and direct client contact.
- 3-5 years of transactional experience in various corporate, securities and finance matters
- Admission to the Texas Bar
- Based in Houston
- Able to sit “second chair” on larger M&A transactions and show “first chair” ability on smaller deals
- Strong drafting and analytical skills
- Good communicator
- Solid work ethic
Additional information on the practice can be found under the “Corporate, Securities & Finance” section of our website. If interested, please submit your resume to email@example.com for consideration.
Our Atlanta office is seeking an international tax associate. The ideal candidate will possess the following credentials:
(1) LL.M. in tax, or MTax, or MTx, or CPA
(2) Three to five years of experience (law firm or accounting firm)
(3) If in an accounting firm, the person should be a Tax Senior, or Tax Manager
(4) Strong writing skills
(5) Experience with international tax
(6) Experience with federal income tax issues – this is not a state/local position
(7) Bar membership in Georgia a plus but not a requirement
(8) Availability in Atlanta no later than January 1, 2019
Qualified candidates should forward their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tax Controversy Associates
Although there is no current tax controversy associate position open, we do tend to experience unplanned opportunities periodically throughout the year. If you fit the profile below and want to be considered for a future tax controversy associate position, please contact Carey Arnold at email@example.com.
(1) LL.M. in tax
(2) Two to five years of experience (preferably law firm as opposed to accounting firm)
(3) Experience with tax controversy/disputes/litigation
(4) Strong, proven writing skills
(5) Experience with federal income tax issues - We are not looking for state/local tax or estate/gift tax attorneys
(6) Experience with or interest in international tax
(7) Bar membership in Georgia would be a plus but not a requirement
Due to the nature of our tax practice, we do not accept applications from associates who have no tax dispute practical experience.
Houston, Philadelphia and San Antonio Positions:
Please e-mail our Director of Human Resources, Santina Daily, at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about lateral opportunities.