Tax Attorney - Atlanta
Chamberlain Hrdlicka is searching for an Associate Attorney for its Tax Controversy Section in Atlanta, Georgia. The ideal candidate will have 4 to 6 years of tax controversy experience in a law firm environment, excellent client relationships and interpersonal skills, and a strong academic background. Candidates that are currently with an accounting firm will also be considered.
- 4 to 6 years of tax controversy experience in a law firm environment
- LL.M. in Tax strongly preferred, but not required
- Experience with tax controversy, disputes, litigation, audits, appeals (practical experience with tax disputes)
- Experience with federal income and estate/gift tax issues
- Strong academic and employment credentials
- Member of the Georgia Bar a plus
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in oral and written form with strong attention to detail
- Strong, proven writing skills
- Ability to work independently and efficiently, as well as within a team environment involving extensive collaboration with other attorneys, paralegals, and office staff
- Assist in projects in the various areas of the firm's Tax Controversy Section
- Represent individual and company clients in tax and business matters, including the review and analysis of complex tax matters.
- Interface with IRS agents, Appeals Officers, and government attorneys at IRS Counsel and DOJ Tax Division.
- Build relationships with existing clients, including involvement in networking and business development activities
Qualified candidates should forward their resumes to Bonnie Lewis at Bonnie.Lewis@chamberlainlaw.com.
Labor & Employment Associate
Chamberlain Hrdlicka is searching for a mid-level Employment Litigation Associate Attorney to join our expanding Labor & Employment practice. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years of employment defense litigation experience in a law firm environment, with excellent client relationships and interpersonal skills.
- Minimum 3 years of Labor & Employment defense litigation experience in a law firm environment (not general litigation, not plaintiff work, not government work)
- Excellent brief writing skills
- Advanced research skills
- Strong academic and employment credentials required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a team approach
- Must be admitted to practice in Texas
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to manage cases from start to finish (with supervision of partner), including anticipating next steps and using good judgment and decision-making
- Prepare complex briefs in support of motions
- Review documents with superior attention to detail
- Conduct legal research regarding complex procedural and substantive issues
- Interface with clients and opposing counsel in a professional manner
- Bill a minimum of 40 hours per week and 2000 hours per year
Interested candidates in this position may submit resumes here.
Philadelphia and San Antonio Positions:
To inquire about lateral opportunities, please send an e-mail to Jennifer Tuohy, Events and Recruiting Coordinator, at Jennifer.Tuohy@chamberlainlaw.com.