Labor & Employment Associate - Atlanta
Our Atlanta office is seeking a labor & employment associate. Chamberlain Hrdlicka is searching for a mid to senior-level Employment Litigation Associate Attorney to join our expanding Labor & Employment practice. The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of employment defense litigation experience in a law firm environment, with excellent client relationships and interpersonal skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to manage cases from start to finish (with supervision of partner), including anticipating next steps and using good judgment and decision-making
- Prepare complex briefs in support of motions
- Review documents with superior attention to detail
- Conduct legal research regarding complex procedural and substantive issues
- Interface with clients and opposing counsel
- Bill a minimum of 40 hours per week and 2000 hours per year
- Minimum 5 years of employment litigation experience in a law firm environment
- Excellent brief writing skills
- Excellent research skills
- Strong academic and employment credentials required
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in oral and written form with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and efficiently, as well as within a team orientation involving extensive collaboration with other attorneys and office staff
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a team approach
- Must be admitted to practice in Georgia
If you fit the profile above and want to be considered, please contact Bonnie Lewis at Bonnie.Lewis@chamberlainlaw.com.
International Tax Associate - Atlanta
Our Atlanta office is also seeking an international tax associate. The ideal candidate will possess the following credentials:
(1) LL.M. in tax, or MTax, or MTx, or CPA
(2) Three to five years of experience (law firm or accounting firm)
(3) If in an accounting firm, the person should be a Tax Senior, or Tax Manager
(4) Strong writing skills
(5) Experience with international tax
(6) Experience with federal income tax issues – this is not a state/local position
(7) Bar membership in Georgia a plus but not a requirement
(8) Availability in Atlanta no later than January 1, 2019
Qualified candidates should forward their resumes to email@example.com.
Tax Controversy Associates
Although there is no current tax controversy associate position open, we do tend to experience unplanned opportunities periodically throughout the year. If you fit the profile below and want to be considered for a future tax controversy associate position, please contact Bonnie Lewis at Bonnie.Lewis@chamberlainlaw.com.
(1) LL.M. in tax
(2) Two to five years of experience (preferably law firm as opposed to accounting firm)
(3) Experience with tax controversy/disputes/litigation
(4) Strong, proven writing skills
(5) Experience with federal income tax issues - We are not looking for state/local tax or estate/gift tax attorneys
(6) Experience with or interest in international tax
(7) Bar membership in Georgia would be a plus but not a requirement
Due to the nature of our tax practice, we do not accept applications from associates who have no tax dispute practical experience.
Houston, Philadelphia and San Antonio Positions:
To inquire about lateral opportunities, please send an e-mail to our Director of Human Resources, Santina Daily, at firstname.lastname@example.org.