Atlanta Office Opening:
Legal Administrative Assistant - Atlanta
Position Summary: Seeking a Legal Administrative Assistant (Secretary) for a busy litigation group in our Atlanta office. The position requires working collaboratively with others in a team-oriented environment. This position supports a group of attorneys as a primary assignment.
- Maintain and organize physical and electronic files. Follow the standard naming and profiling conventions when scanning, emailing, and saving documents to the document management system.
- Draft standard pleadings, correspondence, memoranda and other documents.
- Enter, review, and revise timekeeper timesheets including follow up with assigned attorneys to ensure prompt and accurate entry of time.
- Coordinate and make necessary arrangements for meetings (i.e., depositions, mediations, interviews, and vendor and facility reservations).
- Maintain attorney specific case lists, charts, and status of cases and outcomes.
- Consistently and professionally communicate with clients, opposing counsel, vendors, and firm personnel through email.
- Routinely review and follow up on client deadlines and calendar appointments in accordance with the established calendar system.
- Consistently complete assigned tasks when expected. Juggle multiple assignments and/or deadlines while maintaining a professional demeanor and timely seek assistance when needed.
- Maintain a high level of awareness and protection of confidential information.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must have litigation experience (at least 3 years, preferably with a large or mid-size firm)
- Employment Law experience a plus
- Accurate typing at a net speed of 65+ wpm
- Strong computer proficiency in the use of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), Document Management System, Time Entry, e-Filing and database software. Familiarity with technology such as Dropbox and other cloud document sharing platforms.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; demonstrated understanding of correct grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Strong organizational skills and interpersonal skills, and attention to detail.
- Must be able to handle pressure of multiple projects and manage time sensitive deadlines
- Must be a self-starter and take initiative
- Excellent word processing skills
- Executive image/highly professional when speaking, good grammar, and ability to interact with clients
Qualified candidates are invited to send their resume to Bonnie Lewis, Director of Administration - Atlanta, at email@example.com.
San Antonio Office Opening:
Legal Administrative Assistant - San Antonio
Position Summary: Seeking a Legal Administrative Assistant (Secretary) for a fiduciary and probate litigation group in our San Antonio office. The position requires working collaboratively with others in a team-oriented environment. This position supports a group of attorneys as a primary assignment.
· Calendar weekly meetings, phone calls, conferences, hearings, and discovery deadlines
· Draft pleadings or other legal documents for attorney review
· Draft correspondence to clients or other counsel
· Maintain electronic file by saving all pleadings and file copies received from the court into iManage
· Prepare discovery (redacting, bates numbering, sending to opposing counsel via email or e-share)
· Responsible for filing pleadings and other legal documents with the court (Via E-file)
· Assist with preparation of binders and documents needed for hearings and other legal proceedings
· Submit attorney reimbursements, check requests and billing memos to accounting
· Prepare individual cover letters for all client invoices and send via email (monthly)
· Communicate with clients on case matters
· Schedule meetings between clients, court personnel and attorneys
· Prepare client engagement letters and complete new client form
· Responsible for handling all incoming/outgoing mail
· Answer attorneys’ phone and relay messages
· Translate attorney dictations from BigHand and convert them into a clean document
· Assist as backup to other Legal Administrative Assistants in the office
· Rotating Receptionist (one day out of the week and when needed).
· 3+ years’ experience as a Legal Administrative Assistant in a law firm environment
· Sit, stand, walk, stoop, bend, write, type, lift boxes up to 20 pounds and use standard office equipment (phone, computer, copier, printer, fax machine etc.)
· Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail
· Ability to work in a paperless environment
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
· Excellent verbal and written communication
· Collaborative and team oriented, willingness to do whatever is necessary to serve our clients
Qualified candidates are invited to send their resume to Teresa De Ochoa, at firstname.lastname@example.org.