University of Houston – Bachelors of Science, Economics, Cum Laude, 2001
Member, The Honors College at the University of Houston
Recipient, Joel Sailors Scholar Award in Economics, The University of Houston
University of Iowa College of Law – J.D., 2006
Member, The Journal of Gender, Race and Justice, The University of Iowa College of Law
Participant, Baskerville Moot Court Competition, The University of Iowa College of Law
Farid is a Senior Associate in the Tax Controversy and Litigation Section in Atlanta. He has more than 12 years of experience in international taxation, both in client service (including 7 with Big 4 firms) and 3 years of industry experience with the Tax Planning Group at a diversified, Fortune 500 manufacturing and materials sciences company. Farid has served clients in many industries including manufacturing, retail/consumer products, hospitality, energy, private equity, materials science, as well as Not-for-Profit organizations.
Farid’s main focus has been on consulting and advising U.S. and Foreign clients on the U.S. and foreign income tax implications of their business operations, including: M&A, check-the-box planning, compliance and reporting, holding company structuring, and foreign tax credit planning, as well earnings and profits and tax basis studies. In addition, Farid also has extensive experience assisting foreign clients with their inbound investments.
Farid’s in-house experience included managing the acquisition and integration of a $1 billion joint-venture from a foreign co-venturer; managing M&A due diligence for numerous acquisitions and dispositions, and acting as an internal technical/review resource to the compliance and reporting team, including managing the FIN48 documentation process.
- Volunteer Coach, Fairfax County Flag (Football) Association
- Volunteer Basketball Coach, South Gwinnett Athletic Association
- Board Member, Corning United Soccer Club, Corning, NY
- Co-Leader, Corning-Painted Post, NY Pack 79 - Boy Scouts of America
- Co-Den Leader, Northeast Georgia Council Pack 50 – Boy Scouts of America
- American Bar Association, Section of Taxation and Real Estate Property, Trust and Estate Law
- Metro Atlanta CEO, December 17, 2019
- Citybizlist, December 17, 2019