Mount Holyoke College, B.A., International Relations, Spanish Language and Literature
Suffolk University Law School, J.D., cum laude
Environmental Business Council Ascending Leader Award Recipient, 2018
Participant in the Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce Women’s Leadership Program, 2016
Supreme Judicial Court of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia
Jen Garner is a confident real estate lawyer that represents property owners, breweries,
developers, and other industry professionals in all aspects of commercial real estate, including
acquisition and disposition of property, commercial leasing, and navigating other business and
institutional concerns involving real estate.
- Drafted and negotiated a commercial lease agreement on behalf of a new brewery.
Drafted and negotiated lease for non-profit organization in drafting and negotiating a lease to be
used as an early childcare facility in Framingham, Massachusetts.
- Represented large pharmaceutical company in various leasing matters, including drafting and negotiating, subleases and license agreements for office, research and laboratory spaces in complex located in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Represented non-profit corporation in securing a stay of a municipal separate storm sewer permit issued by the Environmental Protection Agency under the Clean Water Act pending appeal of that permit in the Circuit Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit.
- Represented Massachusetts social services provider in numerous transactions involving distressed properties with affordability restrictions.
- April 30, 2020
- Atlanta Journal-Constitution and Daily Report, June 19, 2019
- Article by Stephanie Friese, Christine Norstadt and Jennifer Garner on “Some Guidelines on Rent Relief and Lease Obligations”National Real Estate Investor, May 14, 2020
- Article by Stephanie Friese and Jennifer Garner on "A WeWork Agreement is Not a Lease, and Why This Matters Now"GlobeSt.com/Real Estate Forum, May 11, 2020
- Article by Stephanie Friese and Jennifer Garner on “Landlord/Tenant Disputes During COVID-19: Who Has the Upper Hand?”Connect CRE, April 28, 2020
“Craft Brewer Entrepreneurship: Dual Concepts and Shared Spaces,” The Venture Forum, Worcester, Massachusetts, October 2017.
“New Brewery Bootcamp,” Panel on Leasing Considerations for New Breweries, Massachusetts Brewers Guild, Framingham, Massachusetts, July 2017.
“Contract and tenant brewing: Regulatory, Licensing and Tax Considerations,” Craft Brewing Business, September 9, 2015.
“D&O Insurance for Environmental Liability Exposures,” corporate counsel, May 5, 2015
“Off-Campus Student Housing,” The Insurance Coverage Law Bulletin (ALM), October 2014.
“Commercial Landlords & Fire Policies: Increase in Hazard,” Bowditch & Dewey, October 6, 2014