Vanderbilt University Law School, Juris Doctor, 2007
Pennsylvania State University, Bachelor of Arts in Communications, graduated with honors, 2002
Recipient of the 2017 Division Chief’s Award for Outstanding Performance for the New York City Law Department's Employment Division
U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
Monica Pogula is an associate in the firm’s Labor and Employment Practice Group in Atlanta.
She has a wide-ranging background in labor and employment law. I have worked for both government entities and private corporations and have experience in a broad range of labor and employment matters, including litigation of Title VII, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Equal Pay Act and the Fair Labor Standards Act cases; sexual harassment investigations; drafting employee policies and procedures; advising on day-to-day employee issues such as discipline, leave management, and terminations; and collective bargaining.
- Obtained jury verdict for the defense in a case involving allegations of harassment based on sexual orientation and retaliation in United States District Court, Eastern District of New York.
- Obtained dismissal of an action alleging violations of the Equal Pay as well as gender and age discrimination in United States District Court, Southern District of New York.
- Defeated a temporary restraining order sought to prevent the enforcement of a settlement agreement requiring plaintiff’s irrevocable resignation and obtained dismissal of the underlying action, in which plaintiff sought to invalidate the settlement agreement.
- Successfully opposed an application to the U.S. Judicial Panel on Multidistrict Litigation for the transfer of related actions in a purported class action against two New York City agencies.
- Advised a large national homebuilding company on compliance with state and local sick leave laws for its operations across 22 states.
- Labor & Employment Update - Government Agency Guidance on the COVID-19 PandemicJune 9, 2020
- Labor & Employment Update - DOL Expands OT Exemptions for Certain Employees of Retail and Service EstablishmentsMay 20, 2020
- Chamberlain L&E Update - Unemployment Benefits in Georgia and TexasApril 2, 2020
- Chamberlain L&E Update - Layoff vs. Furlough: Legal and Practical RamificationsMarch 30, 2020
- Chamberlain L&E Update - Families First Coronavirus Response Act - Effective Date ChangeMarch 24, 2020
- Chamberlain L&E Update - Summary of Paid Leave provisions under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (H.R. 6201)March 19, 2020