We provide our clients with advice concerning compliance with federal and state laws regulating election and campaign political activity, fund-raising, and contributions. We review city, state and federal legislation and combine broad legal knowledge with effective advocacy techniques to help clients understand government policy, critical to survival in a regulated environment. Our lawyers represent clients before legislative and executive bodies in both formal and informal proceedings relating to ethics, gaming, professional licensing, energy, real estate, privatization, taxation, technology, the environment and health care. We also represent clients during contract negotiations and at hearings and help draft legislative testimony.
We also develop and implement strategies for clients who need to obtain public funding or who need assistance with an administrative or regulatory matter in the local, state or federal milieu.
We understand that political, legislative and governmental issues can often arise as complications in reaching your goals, and our attorneys have sophisticated practices that can help you navigate the legal and regulatory puzzle.
Our lawyers have firsthand experience making and influencing policy. They have held office, received senior government appointments, and served in a range of local, state and federal government positions.
- Extensive work with government contracts, with emphasis on complex public, private and institutional projects such as real estate sales, project financing (including loans secured by real property) and commercial leasing.
- Candidacies for Pennsylvania attorney general in 2000 and 2004.
- Experience in advising candidates for federal, state and local office on state election law and federal and state campaign finance law.
- Service on transition teams for the Governor of Pennsylvania and Mayor of Philadelphia.
- Service as a White House Fellow, serving as director of the Office of Global Affairs for the National Security Council, focusing on international crime, narcotics, terrorism and war crimes.
- Assistance in drafting the federal International Crime Control Act of 1996.
- Service as a consultant to the U.S. Department of Justice, advising South Africa's government on police reform.
- Chairmanship of the Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency, the commonwealth's leading criminal justice policy agency, directing the commission's resources for the first time to fight domestic and international terrorism.
- Service on Pennsylvania Gov. Rendell's Family and Children's Cabinet, as the governor's chief criminal justice policy advisor during the 2002 campaign, and on the governor's transition team and as counsel to the Inaugural Committee.
- Service as chief counsel to the Police Advisory Commission of Philadelphia and to Mayor John Street's Special Commission on Police Discipline.
- Chairman of the city of Philadelphia’s fiscal watchdog.
Several attorneys in our Government and Regulatory Affairs Practice Group were affiliated with the U.S. Department of Justice.
- Successfully represented the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board in the only revocation to date of a Gaming license resulting in a $50 million dollar forfeiture to the Commonwealth.
- Successfully represented PA-NJ municipal entity in a New Jersey Comptroller review.
- Represented a National Bank in the City of Philadelphia matters involving reparations for past slave trade practices.
- Successfully represented a large multi-national corporation in City of Philadelphia debarment proceedings.
- Represented the Governor of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania in challenge to an executive order.
- Successfully represented a US Congressman as local ethics counsel.
- Served as Election Day Counsel to Clinton for President (2008), and Obama for President (2008-2012).
- Litigation and Controversy Tax, Employee Benefits (ERISA), Government Relations Lawyers from Chamberlain Hrdlicka Listed Among Best in U.S.
- Government and regulatory affairs lawyer James J. Eisenhower a regular commentator on weekend political show on Philadelphia’s WPVI.
- Experienced government and regulatory affairs lawyer gives advice to professionals who are hoping to spark constitutional change