Houston is known as the energy capital of the world, and for good reason. According to the Houston Chronicle, up to 13% of the refining capacity in the United States is located in the greater Houston area. Chamberlain Hrdlicka’s team of Energy and Maritime attorneys assists our downstream clients in the Houston area, as well as in the State of Texas and around the world, with issues of a transactional, regulatory, and litigation/dispute resolution nature. As with all areas of our Firm’s Energy and Maritime practice, we strive to put our clients in a better position than they were when they called us, and to obtain the best possible results for our clients in a cost efficient and prudent manner. What follows are some examples of the results we have provided to our clients.
- Our Energy and Maritime attorneys have drafted and negotiated over $18 billion dollars in contracts for international offshore oil and gas production facilities.
- Representation of independent oil and gas producers in all phases including leasing and/or purchasing of interests in producing and non-producing properties, drilling and transportation and sale of oil and gas production.
- Providing general terms and conditions for a large multi-national chemical company for sales of its products in the United States and world-wide.
- Analysis of most favorable contract terms and conditions under Incoterms for sales contracts as well as bills of lading and charter parties for the transportation of refined chemical products to various customers of our clients in the Far East, Europe, South America, Asia, and Africa.
- Our attorneys routinely arbitrate claims concerning the interpretation and enforcement of various provisions of offshore master service agreements, offshore service contracts, and ECPI contracts.
- Our attorneys have also successfully litigated and defended claims involving commercial issues, breach of contract, property damage, personal injury, and wrongful death at onshore and offshore
- Our attorneys are also experienced in the pre-suit investigation of accidents and incidents at both offshore and land based production facilities, as well as guiding clients through investigations conducted by the United States Coast Guard and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration.