Louisiana State University, summa cum laude, B.S., 2001
Paul M. Hebert Law Center, Louisiana State University, J.D./B.C.L., 2004
Georgetown University Law Center, L.L.M., Taxation, 2005
Louisiana State University, University Medalist; Outstanding Senior in Business; A.P. Tureaud Milestone Award
Frederick Douglass Moot Court Team Member, Paul M. Hebert Law Center of the Louisiana State University
Treasurer, Black Law Students Association, Paul M. Hebert Law Center of the Louisiana State University
Selected as a participant in the 2012-2013 State Bar of Texas Tax Leadership Academy.
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
U.S. Tax Court
Renesha Fountain maintains an active practice in tax planning and tax controversy. She represents clients in disputes with the IRS and state and local taxing authorities.
Renesha has experience handling depositions, installment agreements, offers in compromise, requests for collection due process hearings, requests for innocent spouse relief and claims for refund. She has also drafted motions, protests, responses to discovery requests, Tax Court petitions and letters requesting penalty and interest abatement.
Renesha has assisted with trial preparation in civil tax matters. Ms. Fountain additionally prepares organizational documents for partnerships and limited liability companies.
Seminars and Presentations
- Speaker, “Project YOU! Finding Focus in Your Practice,” Focus on Legal Substance, Hot Legal Issues Roundtable Discussion: Tax Law, Texas Women Lawyers Annual Conference (March 4, 2011).
- Panelist, “Collection Due Process,” Tax Law 101 Course, Texas Bar CLE (August 17, 2011).
- Panelist, “Approaching Penalty Abatements: Strategies & Pitfalls,” American Bar Association, Section of Taxation Meeting (May 11, 2012).
- "When Your Client Can't Pay-IRS Collection Alternatives," presented at Chamberlain Hrdlicka's September 2010 Tax Forums, American Association of Attorney CPAs-Houston Chapter (November 2010) and American Association of Attorney CPAs-N. Texas Chapter (January 2011).
- Houston Chronicle (January 11, 2006) - Quoted in an article concerning tax breaks for hurricane victims.
- Assisted a client in an employment tax matter in obtaining abatement of penalties in excess of $1.8M
- Houston Bar Association, Taxation Section
- State Bar of Texas, Taxation Section
- American Bar Association, Taxation Section
- Firm's Representative - HBA Gender Fairness Committee (2008)
- Texas Lawyer, November 11, 2019
- Chamberlain Hrdlicka to Host 42nd Annual Houston Tax and Business Planning Seminar on October 30th at Norris Conference Center at City CentreOctober 30, 2019
- October 21, 2019
Seminars & Presentations
- Drafted “Current Events for Tax Practitioners,” Chamberlain Hrdlicka White Williams & Martin Tax Forum, 2007.