8:00am Registration and Buffet Breakfast
9:00am Program Begins
With federal, state and local tax collectors becoming more aggressive than ever, this breakfast briefing, designed for both in-house professionals and private practitioners, will address some of the most pressing tax issues of the day and offer practice tips to help you stay on top of important new tax laws, regulations, rulings and court opinions.
Topics will include:
- Supporting your return position in light of the IRS’ heightened interest in reviewing taxpayers’ electronic data.
- Protecting the attorney-client, work product, and §7525 statutory privilege in today’s tax compliance environment.
- Reporting Foreign Asset Holdings to the IRS.
- The relationship between federal income tax audits and the Philadelphia refund statute of limitations.
- The implications of Pennsylvania Act 32.
- The Pennsylvania Supreme Court’s Tech One decision.
- Pennsylvania’s use tax collection initiative.
- Personal income tax consequences arising from a foreclosure.
- Estate planning ideas that can be implemented before the November election.
Herbert Odell, Federal Tax Controversy & Tax Planning (Moderator)
Philip Karter, Federal Tax Controversy
Dustin Covello, Federal Tax Controversy & Tax Planning
Stewart Weintraub, State and Local Tax
Jennifer Weidler, State and Local Tax
David Shakow, Federal Tax Controversy & Tax Planning
David Kovsky, Trusts and Estates
Approved for 2 hours CPE and CLE credit