University of California, Irvine School of Law, LL.M. in Taxation, 2023
The Pennsylvania State University, Penn State Law, LL.M., 2021. Junior Editor, German Law Journal
Universidad del Norte, LL.B., 2019, distinguished student (honors)
Finalist, 22nd ABA Annual Law Student Tax Challenge
Winner, 2023 Tax Notes Student Writing Competition
Dean's List, Universidad del Norte
Faculty Award, University of California Irvine School of Law
U.S. Tax Court
Andres Berdugo is an associate in the International Tax and Tax Controversy practices in San Antonio. Mr. Berdugo joined the firm in 2023 after completing his Tax LL.M. at the University of California, Irvine School of Law, where he was the recipient of the Faculty Award. Mr. Berdugo holds an LL.B. degree from Universidad del Norte, earned in 2019, and obtained an LL.M. from Penn State Law in 2021.
Prior to joining Chamberlain Hrdlicka, Mr. Berdugo gained experience in leading Colombian law firms working on Tax and Corporate teams. His practice involved advising multinational corporations, high-net-worth families, and small businesses in various areas, including corporate and tax compliance, mergers and acquisitions, and tax planning for cross-border transactions. He also served as a judicial intern for the Honorable Maurice B. Foley and Special Trial Judge Adam B. Landy at the United States Tax Court.
Mr. Berdugo is a member of the Bar of the State of California and admitted as a practicing attorney in Colombia.
Mr. Berdugo is fluent in English and Spanish.
- International Fiscal Association, USA Branch
- American Bar Association, Tax Section
- California Lawyers Association
- San Antonio Bar Association
- San Diego County Bar Association
- Pro Bono Attorney, Inland Counties Legal Services (ICLS) in the Low-Income Taxpayer Clinic
Seminars & Presentations
- Chamberlain Hrdlicka Laredo Tax and International Business Planning Seminar on Thursday, November 16, 2023Chamberlain Hrdlicka will host the Laredo Tax and International Business Planning Seminar at the Laredo Country Club on November 16, 2023Laredo Country Club, 1415 Country Club Drive, November 16, 2023
- Chamberlain Hrdlicka 6th Annual San Antonio Tax and International Business Planning Seminar on Wednesday, November 8, 2023Chamberlain Hrdlicka Annual Tax and International Business Planning Seminar will present a variety of important and timely topicsEstancia del Norte Hotel, 37 NE Loop 410 at McCullough, November 8, 2023
Earned Income Tax Credit (presentation in Spanish), presented at Inland Counties Legal Services, August 30, 2023
Tax Considerations for Small Businesses (presentation in Spanish), presented at Inland Counties Legal Services, September 18, 2023.
Introduction to Colombian Income Tax, presented at Universidad de la Costa CUC, March 29, 2023