State University of New York, Albany, B.S., magna cum laude, 1978
University of Houston Law Center, J.D., cum laude, 1981
Named a "Top Lawyer," Houstonia Magazine, 2019, 2020
State Bar of Texas
Federal Energy Bar Association
Qualified Mediator, A. A. White Dispute Resolution Institute
Practical and Current Application of Experience
- Representation of independent oil and gas producers in all phases including leasing and/or purchasing of interests in producing and non-producing properties, drilling and transportation and sale of oil and gas production.
- Representation of landowner/mineral interest owners in oil and gas leasing and other conveyance issues, and in right-of-way, easement and other surface and subsurface issues.
- Principal outside counsel for independent oil and gas company owning working interests and royalty interests in wells located in Fayette, Lee and Burleson Counties, Texas; legal issues involving review and analysis of oil and gas leases, farmout agreements, drilling contracts, operating agreements, gas contracts, oil purchase contracts, assignments, division orders, easements, rights of way, drilling reports, production reports and other related instruments; all phases of contract negotiations, deal closing, workouts, mediation and coordination of litigation counsel.
- Representation of independent producer financing clients in over 150 transactions providing funding to small and midsize operators in Texas, Oklahoma and Louisiana in return for the purchase of oil and gas production payments and permanent overriding royalty interests in the subject properties. Preparation of conveyances of production payments, of corresponding production and delivery agreements, of assignments of overriding royalty interests and of amendments thereto.
- Houstonia Magazine names Chamberlain Attorneys as 2021 Top LawyersHoustonia Magazine, November 30, 2020
- December 2019
- December 2018
- The Flow Chart. An Overview of Production Related Cost Allowances - December 1984 issue of The Landman - Official Publication of the American Association of Petroleum Landmen; FERC Order No. 490 - Splitting the Thread of Certificate Jurisdiction Even Finer - May‑June, 1988 issue of The Landman.
- A Producer's Silver Bullet Or A Plugged Nickel? - FERC Order Nos. 451 and 451-A March 1987 issue of The Landman; The Stormy Path Through Take Or Pay - A Practical Traveler's Advisory - July‑August 1987 issue of The Landman.