The Energy and Maritime attorneys of Chamberlain Hrdlicka use their skills and unique industry knowledge to advocate for, as well as advance, the interests of our clients in the courtroom, at the negotiating table, in the boardroom, and in all aspects of their businesses. Our Energy and Maritime team possesses significant transactional and regulatory experience, and are well-versed in the dispute resolution process, ranging from mediation and arbitration to litigation and appeals. Our team of experienced attorneys has worked as inside and outside counsel within the industry, with backgrounds and training that complement their practice areas. With that experience, we strive to learn our clients’ businesses in order to help them grow their businesses, as well as advance their interests.
We have achieved success for our clients in each of the following areas of the Energy and Maritime field. You will find that from negotiating Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Installation contracts, to buying and selling vessels, to assisting in navigating the regulatory landscape, to defending our clients in property, contractual, personal injury, and wrongful death disputes, to advocating for our clients at intermediate appellate courts, as well as the Supreme Court of Texas and the Supreme Court of the United States, Chamberlain Hrdlicka’s Energy and Maritime attorneys have experience with the issues you face in your business, and are ready to provide excellent representation for equally excellent value.
Please click on a topic area to find examples of the results realized by our clients as a result of our representation.
Members of the Energy and Maritime section of Chamberlain Hrdlicka have been named Best Lawyers in America, Texas Super Lawyers and Texas Rising Stars by Super Lawyers magazine, as seen in Texas Monthly magazine. Members of our Energy and Maritime section have also been named Top Lawyers in Houston by H Texas Magazine. Our victories have been reported in the Wall Street Journal, the New York Times, and other national and regional newspapers.
Chamberlain Hrdlicka’s Energy and Maritime attorneys routinely serve as guest lecturers at universities in the region, including Texas A&M University and the University of Texas at Austin, Red McCombs School of Business, as well as with professional groups in industry, such as the International Association of Drilling Contractors. Chamberlain Hrdlicka’s energy and maritime lawyers also are frequently published in such publications as The Landman, South Texas Law Review, Oil & Gas Reporter, Offshore Magazine, the Texas Engineer and Texas Lawyer. Members of our team have also authored portions of practice handbooks related to intellectual property in the legal industry. Finally, several members of our team have additional professional qualifications including holding professional engineering licenses and certified public accounting licenses.
- Final Judgment Entered in Landmark Decision: Federal Tax on Crude Oil Exports Unconstitutional, Court orders $4.2 Million Tax Refund/InterestCourt orders $4.2 Million Tax Refund and Statutory Interest in Landmark DecisionJanuary 11, 2021
- Houstonia Magazine names Chamberlain Attorneys as 2021 Top LawyersHoustonia Magazine, November 30, 2020
- December 2019
- Attorneys with national law firm Chamberlain Hrdlicka have been selected to the 2019 Texas Super Lawyers listSeptember 3, 2019
- Oil Industry Workers Can Be Correctly Classified As Independent Contractors, Says Fifth Circuit in Highly Anticipated Energy Industry RulingChamberlain Hrdlicka Law Firm Secures Significant Appellate Victory for Client, Premier Directional Drilling, and All Oil and Gas CompaniesMarch 4, 2019
- February 2018
- Revenue at mid-size firms lags nationwide, but Chamberlain Hrdlicka’s figures are outpacing 2013
- Texas Lawyer, July 2013
- Offshore, July 2013
- Texas Lawyer, August 2011
- Maritime Proctor Blog, October 7, 2020
- Maritime Proctor Blog, November 21, 2019
- Dutra Group v. Batterton: the Supreme Court holds a Jones Act Seaman cannot recover punitive damages for unseaworthinessMaritime Proctor Blog, July 15, 2019
- Maritime Proctor Blog, May 20, 2019
- Maritime Proctor Blog, May 7, 2019
- Maritime Proctor Blog, April 19, 2019
- Maritime Proctor Blog, March 12, 2019
- Maritime Proctor Blog, February 28, 2019
- Maritime Proctor Blog, December 12, 2018
- Maritime Proctor Blog, August 25, 2018
- Maritime Proctor Blog, July 2, 2018