We represent a broad spectrum of public and private business entities and individuals involved in diverse and complex legal matters.
Corporate, Securities & Finance
General Corporate Representation. We serve as general or special legal advisors to many public and privately-held companies, as well as partnerships, strategic alliances and joint ventures. In providing a full range of corporate services, we are focused on working with clients to solve problems and achieve their objectives in the most efficient, effective and time-sensitive manner.
Mergers and Acquisitions. A principal focus at Chamberlain, Hrdlicka is mergers and acquisitions. Members of our Corporate, Securities and Finance practice group devote a significant portion of their time to facilitating the structuring, financing and successful completion of the full range of acquisitions, divestitures, public offerings, private placements, joint ventures/strategic alliances, refinancings, international cross-border transactions and other transactions undertaken by clients. We have worked on transactions ranging in size from a few million to more than half a billion dollars.
Our mergers and acquisitions clients have included publicly traded companies, privately held and venture-backed companies, partnerships, investment funds, management groups and entrepreneurs. Our clients range in size from emerging companies to large public corporations in a variety of industries.
Chamberlain Hrdlicka represents both strategic and financial purchasers, sellers, financing sources, management, and advisors in a wide range of transactions involving both public and private companies, including equity and asset acquisitions of both entire companies and subsidiaries or divisions, mergers, leveraged buyouts, spin-offs, recapitalizations and joint ventures.
Public Offerings. Chamberlain, Hrdlicka represents public companies and companies seeking public financing in either initial public offerings (IPOs) or subsequent offerings. Our issuer engagements include all aspects of corporate and business planning and structuring and restructuring, including preparation of registration statements and prospectuses, assistance in negotiating underwriting and placement arrangements and preparation of listing applications on NYSE and NASDAQ.
Private Offerings and Resales. Chamberlain, Hrdlicka, has an active practice in private securities offerings and corporate restructurings. This includes Regulation D offerings and private financing transactions, angel and venture capital financing rounds, and Rule 144A and PIPES transactions that often involve complex resale and trading issues concerning the issued securities. In connection with U.S. corporate restructurings, we regularly counsel clients regarding exemptions from state and federal securities registration laws and related regulatory matters. We also represent individual corporate insiders and assist them with compliance with Rule 144 and related compliance issues.
Public Company Ongoing Compliance. For public company clients, our lawyers advise on a continuing basis about disclosure, corporate governance and both routine and complex regulatory and compliance issues. We assist in the preparation of periodic SEC reports as well as filings triggered by special circumstances and extraordinary transactions. These include insider transactions (including Section 16), option and other equity-based compensation plans, spin-offs, going private transactions, tender offers, proxy contests, corporate restructurings, change in control and other transactional (M&A) events. We also assist holders of significant positions in public companies with their compliance needs (e.g, Section 16 and Section 13(d)).
Please click on a topic area to find examples of the results realized by our clients as a result of our representation.
Commercial Lending. Our commercial lending and finance practice group focuses on structuring, negotiating and documenting secured and unsecured, and committed and discretionary commercial credit facilities, including cash-flow and asset-based transactions. We handle leveraged buyouts and acquisition financing, ESOP loans, real estate loans, DIP Loans, debt restructurings, lines of credit, along with other more specialized lending arrangements. We are able to draw upon the experience from our attorneys in other practice groups, including tax, real estate, employee benefits, energy, environmental, securities, and corporate law to provide clients with the guidance to handle any size financing transaction. Additionally, we routinely assist our clients in negotiating and documenting the syndication, intercreditor, participation and subordination agreements required for complex financing arrangements.
Worldwide Presence. Our corporate clients also benefit from Chamberlain Hrdlicka’s membership in Meritas Law Firms Worldwide, an international association of independent business law firms. In addition to providing a direct presence for transactions involving entities in large or emerging markets throughout the world, our Meritas contacts bring a better understanding of local law and customs that make the foreign environment more transparent.
- TA Associates Acquires Majority Interest in Stadion Money Management. For more information click here. For the press release click here.
- SATAIR USA Successfully Acquires Leading Aviation Batteries Distributor. For more information click here. For the press release click here.
- Chamberlain Hrdlicka represents moving and storage business in sale transaction. For more information click here.
- Chamberlain Hrdlicka represented a nationwide independent sales organization in the sale of credit card processing portfolio accounts to a strategic buyer. For more information click here.
- Chamberlain Hrdlicka represented a privately held reinsurance company in a private placement of securities and the implementation of a phantom stock plan. For more information click here.
- Chamberlain Hrdlicka represented a national call center in a sale to a strategic buyer. For more information click here.
- Chamberlain Hrdlicka represented a purchaser of consumer credit card receivables in the refinance and expansion of its loan facility. For more information click here.
- $125 million secondary public offering of common stock for seismic services company
- $300 million private placement for timber fund
- $110 million acquisition of seismic data acquisition and processing provider
- $70 million sale of directional drilling company to industry-focused venture capital firm
- $150 million private placement for timber fund
- $65 million sale of oil field services company to private equity firm
- $550 million secondary public offering of common stock for a major independent oil and gas company
- $96 million acquisition of interests in investment management firm
- $350 million Rule 144A debt offering and subsequent exchange offering of registered debt securities for a major independent oil and gas company
- $466 million acquisition of U.S. public company with a U.K. controlling shareholder by an Australian public company in a two-step, going private transaction
- Initial public offering of approximately $244 million of common stock for a biotechnology company
- Initial public offering of approximately $103 million of common stock for an oilfield service and marine construction company
- Initial public offering of approximately $63 million of common stock for an information technology company
- Public offering of approximately $300 million of medium-term notes for a major independent natural gas company
- $400 million in public-debt offerings for an independent energy company
- $1.2 billion commercial paper program for an independent energy company
- Representation of a steel fabrication company in its acquisition of another multi-state fabrication business, including the completion of approximately $60 million in senior secured financing and $30 million in subordinated financing
- Representation of publicly-held seismic data acquisition company in its acquisition of a seismic data-processing and surveying business, including the placement of approximately $40 million in subordinated notes and warrants with institutional investors
- $70 million project finance of a brine production facility with institutional participants and sources of financing
- $800 million restructuring of a privately-owned manufacturing company to create a pass-through entity for federal income tax purposes
- Numerous private placements and venture capital financings for a variety of start-up and emerging growth companies
- Chamberlain Hrdlicka's Tax Planning & Business Transactions Group, led by Hobbs Gnaim, Represents Insulation & Fireplace Services, LLC in its Sale to SEI Group LLCChamberlain Hrdlicka's Tax Planning & Business Transactions Group, led by Hobbs Gnaim, Represents Insulation & Fireplace Services, LLC in its Sale to SEI Group LLCDecember 7, 2022
- 2022 Edition of Georgia Trend’s 2022 Legal Elite recognizes Erica OpitzDecember 1, 2022
- Houstonia names 30 Chamberlain Hrdlicka attorneys as 2022 Top LawyersNovember 30, 2022
- Chamberlain Hrdlicka Shareholder Amy Moss wins M&A Deal of the Year at the 21st Annual M&A Advisor AwardsAmy Moss wins M&A Deal of the Year for 2022November 18, 2022
- Houston Business Journal’s 2022 Best Places to Work includes Chamberlain Hrdlicka in Top 10November 1, 2022
- Amy Moss to co-host discussion on “Is Now a Good Time to Sell Your Company?"October 18, 2022
- Chamberlain Hrdlicka Shareholder Amy Moss announced as Finalist in Three Categories of the 21st Annual M&A Advisor AwardsAmy Moss is a Finalist in Three Categories for the 21st Annual M&A Advisor AwardsOctober 10, 2022
- Houston Business Journal (HBJ) includes Chamberlain Hrdlicka in 2022 Best Places to WorkSeptember 15, 2022
- Jaime Vasquez recognized as Lawyer of the Year for 2023 in Tax Litigation and Controversy by US News’ Best Lawyers in America® for Third TimeSan Antonio attorneys voted for Jaime Vasquez as 2023 Lawyer of the Year through US News' Best Lawyers in America®August 18, 2022
- Five Chamberlain Hrdlicka Practices included as Top 3 and Top 5 for Houston Chronicle’s 2022 Best of the Best AwardsJuly 19, 2022
- Texas Lawyers article on Chamberlain Hrdlicka Houston Office growthJuly 19, 2022
- Hobbs Gnaim, Jarrod Martin, Michael Preng, and Tyler Greenwood represented Page in its Acquisition of EYPJuly 12, 2022
- Legal 500 rankings for Chamberlain Hrdlicka as a Top Tax Law Firm and Adds to Individual Ranks in 2022June 17, 2022
- Christine Borrett, John Fields, Christopher Hydrick, Karl Jackson, Jr., Tara LeDay, Michael Preng, Calla Sprague and Renu Tandale join Chamberlain Hrdlicka Houston OfficeMay 26, 2022
- John Nail and Reed Turry among Chamberlain Hrdlicka Recruits in GeorgiaLaw360, May 26, 2022
- Phil Karter, Ken Trujillo and Stewart Weintraub named 2022 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers and Jennifer Karpchuk named 2022 Rising StarMay 24, 2022
- John Nail and Reed Turry join the Chamberlain Hrdlicka Atlanta OfficeMay 7, 2022
- Pete Lowy quoted in article on "Supreme Court SALT Cap Rejection Propels State Workarounds"Bloomberg, April 19, 2022
- Peter Lowy quoted in article on "New York’s SALT Cap Challenge Rejected by Supreme Court"Bloomberg, April 18, 2022
- Stuart Clements, Tres Gibbs, Jarrod Martin, Michael Overstreet, Kelly Shields, Matt Flores, and Leo Unzeitig named Texas Rising StarsMarch 22, 2022
- Jeffrey Della Rocco, Lauren Herrera, Jack Li, Jason Patton and Karen Tate join Chamberlain HrdlickaMarch 17, 2022
- David Aughtry, Stephanie Friese Aron, Seth Price, Hale Sheppard, Erica Opitz, John Kirbo, John Guin, and Barclay Taylor named as Georgia Super Lawyers, Rising StarsFebruary 15, 2022
- David Calvillo, Erica Opitz, and Kellen Scott elevated to Equity Shareholder and Patrick McCann, Steven Wyatt, and Kelly Shields to ShareholderFebruary 14, 2022
- Chamberlain Hrdlicka’s Stuart Clements and Leo Unzeitig earn Tax Law Board Certification from the Texas Board of Legal SpecializationOnly 182 attorneys in Texas hold Tax Law Board CertificationJanuary 27, 2022
- Drew Greene and Erica Opitz named to Georgia Trends 2021 "Legal Elite"December 14, 2021
- Best Lawyers in America® selects 54 Chamberlain Hrdlicka Attorneys for Recognition for 2022August 19, 2021
- Five Attorneys join Chamberlain Hrdlicka Houston OfficeJuly 27, 2021
- Article about Stephanie Friese and Scott Augustine on “Chamberlain Hrdlicka Elevates 2 Attys To Lead Atlanta Office”Law360, July 1, 2021
- Stephanie Friese Aron and Scott Augustine named Co-Managing Shareholders in Atlanta OfficeJune 28, 2021
- Chamberlain Hrdlicka attorneys are ranked in Appellate, Commercial Litigation, Construction, Corporate, Criminal Defense, Employee Benefits, Energy, Immigration, Insurance, Intellectual Property, Labor & Employment, Real Estate, Tax, and Trust & EJune 22, 2021
- 14 Chamberlain Hrdlicka Attorneys Named in 2021 “Women in the Law” Business Edition of Best Lawyers in AmericaBest Lawyers in America names Chamberlain Hrdlicka attorneys in "Women in the Law" for 2021June 7, 2021
- Matthew Stirneman joins Chamberlain Hrdlicka’s Houston Office as a Senior Counsel in the Corporate, Securities & Finance PracticeApril 15, 2021
- Super Lawyers names Chamberlain Hrdlicka attorneys as 2021 Georgia Super Lawyers and Rising StarsFebruary 12, 2021
- Habeeb (Hobbs) Gnaim, Practice Chair of the Tax Planning & Business Transactions Group, and assisted by David Pierson and Nathan Hopkins, represented Velentium, LLC in its acquisition of Oasis Testing, L.L.C.January 8, 2021
- Kisshia Simmons joins Chamberlain Hrdlicka’s Houston Office as Senior Associate in the Immigration PracticeJanuary 4, 2021
- PPP Audits and Investigations Practice Client AlertDecember 22, 2020
- Georgia Trend names Chamberlain Shareholders as 2020 "Legal Elite"Georgia Trend, December 1, 2020
- Jaime Vasquez receives Texas Lawyer On the Rise Award for 2020September 18, 2020
- Juan Vasquez, Jr. interviewed about "Three Things to Know about the Extended Paycheck Protection Program"ABC Channel 13 News and Community Impact Newspaper, July 18, 2020
- Chamberlain Shareholder Peter Lowy Appointed to Houston Volunteer Lawyers Board of DirectorsJune 8, 2020
- Chamberlain Corporate Update - Coronavirus Liquidity Concerns? Don't Overlook These Steps Before Selling Selected Business AssetsApril 8, 2020
- Chamberlain Corporate Update - Paycheck Protection Program Loans Under the CARES ActApril 6, 2020
- Chamberlain Corporate Update - Emergency Business PlanningApril 1, 2020
- Chamberlain Tax Planning Update - Tax Relief From The COVID-19 PandemicMarch 31, 2020
- Chamberlain Corporate Update - SBA Loans Under the CARES ActMarch 27, 2020
- Chamberlain Corporate Update - Force Majeure Clauses and the COVID-19 PandemicMarch 25, 2020
- 2020 Georgia Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Named at Chamberlain HrdlickaMarch 4, 2020
- Texas Lawyer, January 13, 2020
- December 2019
- Georgia Trend, December 2019
- Atlanta Business Chronicle, May 28, 2019
- May 15, 2019
- Atlanta Journal-Constitution, April 14, 2019
- March 26, 2019
- February 7, 2019
- Chamberlain Hrdlicka senior counsel discusses attorney-client privilege at annual anti-fraud conference
- Chamberlain Hrdlicka Senior Counsel Presents to Philadelphia Chapter of Association of Certified Fraud ExaminersKevin F. Sweeney discusses attorney-client privilege with anti-fraud organization ACFE
- Former federal tax prosecutor brings deep knowledge of high-stakes IRS audits, tax litigation, white-collar criminal defense, and banking matters
- Houston Law Firm Chamberlain Hrdlicka Recruits M&A Expert; Amy Moss Joins Rapidly Growing Corporate, Securities and Private Equity Finance PracticeOctober 2013
- Chamberlain Hrdlicka Expands Corporate, Labor and Employment Practices with Veteran Talent from Duane Morris LLPMarch 2010
Seminars & Presentations
- Chamberlain Hrdlicka will host Laredo Tax and Business Planning Seminar at the Laredo Country Club on November 8, 2022November 8, 2022
- In-Person & Virtual - Chamberlain Hrdlicka 5th Annual San Antonio Tax and Business Planning Seminar - November 3, 2022Chamberlain Hrdlicka will have our 5th Annual San Antonio Tax and Business Planning Seminar at The St. Anthony Hotel on November 3, 2022November 3, 2022
- Houston Bar Association's Corporate Counsel Section Meeting: "Business Valuations, What Attorneys Must Know"Presentation by Amy Moss on "Business Valuations, What Attorneys Must Know"Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP, Houston, TX, October 18, 2022
- 43rd Annual Tax and Business Planning Virtual Seminar is on November 2-4, 2021November 4, 2021
- Chamberlain Hrdlicka Webinar on New Legal Considerations for Opening Up Your Business During a Pandemic - June 11, 2020 from 2:00-4:00 p.m. CDTFree Webinar on New Legal Considerations for Opening Up Your Business During a PandemicOnline Webinar, June 11, 2020
- Chamberlain Hrdlicka Webinar on Top Legal Traps for Opening Up Your Business in a Pandemic - June 3, 2020 from 2:00-4:00 p.m. CDTFree Webinar on Top Legal Traps for Opening Up Your Business in a PandemicOnline Webinar, June 3, 2020
- Free Webinar on Top Legal Traps for Opening Up Your Business in a PandemicOnline Webinar, May 28, 2020
- Free Webinar on Top Legal Traps for Opening Up Your Business in a PandemicOnline Webinar, May 21, 2020
- Chamberlain Hrdlicka senior counsel will discuss attorney-client privilege at annual anti-fraud conferenceRamada Plaza Conference Center, 390 Forsgate Drive, Monroe Township, NJ 08831
- 33rd Annual National Institute on Criminal Tax Fraud and 6th Annual National Institute on Tax ControversyLas Vegas
- Stuart Clement’s article, “Investing in Yourself To Stand Out as a Lawyer,” published in Texas LawyerTexas Lawyer, September 1, 2022
- Erica Opitz article on “Business Development: It's a Not-One-Size-Fits-All Enterprise”Daily Report and The Legal Intelligencer, June 28, 2022
- Pete Lowy article on “How to Contest Your Property Taxes Deep in the Heart of Texas”Bloomberg Tax, May 4, 2022
- Michael Overstreet and Tim Dean article on “Proposed Cure for Section 704(b) May Be Worse Than the Disease”Bloomberg Tax, April 22, 2022
- "Did COVID-19 Improve Our Productivity? After Doing It For Almost Two Years, A Defense Of Remote Work"Stuart Clements article on "Did COVID-19 Improve Our Productivity? After Doing It For Almost Two Years, A Defense Of Remote Work"Texas Lawyer, February 7, 2022
- Article by Erica Opitz and Diana Perez Gomez on “Board Considerations for Covid-19 Vaccine Programs"Board Leadership, June 2021
- Article by Michael Overstreet on “Tax Filing Season Renders Anxiety For Businesses”Bloomberg Tax, May 21, 2021
- Today’s CPA, July 2020
- Article by Erica Opitz on “Surviving COVID-19: Considerations for Selling Select Business Assets”Daily Report, July 6, 2020
- Who CARES About Tax Issues for Small Business: A Review of the Tax Forgiveness, Tax Deduction, and Other Tax Issues Associated with the CARES Act’s Paycheck Protection Program (“PPP”)Texas Tax Lawyer, Spring 2020
- Article by Stewart Weintraub on "The COVID-19 Challenge and How It Is Affecting Businesses, Individuals"Legal Intelligencer, April 21, 2020
- Inside Self-Storage, March 13, 2019
- Credit Union Management, October 25, 2018
- Board Leadership, September 13, 2018
- Business and International Tax Blog, September 2, 2020
- Georgia Legislature Passes Bill to Protect Businesses and Healthcare Providers From COVID-19 LawsuitsBusiness and International Tax Blog, August 7, 2020
- Chamberlain Corporate Update - Coronavirus Liquidity Concerns? Don't Overlook These Steps Before Selling Selected Business AssetsBusiness and International Tax Blog, April 8, 2020
- Business and International Tax Blog, April 6, 2020
- Business and International Tax Blog, April 1, 2020
- Tax Blog/Blawg, March 31, 2020
- Business and International Tax Blog, March 30, 2020
- Business and International Tax Blog, March 26, 2020