We represent a broad spectrum of public and private business entities and individuals involved in diverse and complex legal matters.
Corporate, Securities & Finance
General Corporate Representation. We serve as general or special legal advisors to many public and privately-held companies, as well as partnerships, strategic alliances and joint ventures. In providing a full range of corporate services, we are focused on working with clients to solve problems and achieve their objectives in the most efficient, effective and time-sensitive manner.
Mergers and Acquisitions. A principal focus at Chamberlain, Hrdlicka is mergers and acquisitions. Members of our Corporate, Securities and Finance practice group devote a significant portion of their time to facilitating the structuring, financing and successful completion of the full range of acquisitions, divestitures, public offerings, private placements, joint ventures/strategic alliances, refinancings, international cross-border transactions and other transactions undertaken by clients. We have worked on transactions ranging in size from a few million to more than half a billion dollars.
Our mergers and acquisitions clients have included publicly traded companies, privately held and venture-backed companies, partnerships, investment funds, management groups and entrepreneurs. Our clients range in size from emerging companies to large public corporations in a variety of industries.
Chamberlain, Hrdlicka represents both strategic and financial purchasers, sellers, financing sources, management, and advisors in a wide range of transactions involving both public and private companies, including equity and asset acquisitions of both entire companies and subsidiaries or divisions, mergers, leveraged buyouts, spin-offs, recapitalizations and joint ventures.
Public Offerings. Chamberlain, Hrdlicka represents public companies and companies seeking public financing in either initial public offerings (IPOs) or subsequent offerings. Our issuer engagements include all aspects of corporate and business planning and structuring and restructuring, including preparation of registration statements and prospectuses, assistance in negotiating underwriting and placement arrangements and preparation of listing applications on NYSE and NASDAQ.
Private Offerings and Resales. Chamberlain, Hrdlicka, has an active practice in private securities offerings and corporate restructurings. This includes Regulation D offerings and private financing transactions, angel and venture capital financing rounds, and Rule 144A and PIPES transactions that often involve complex resale and trading issues concerning the issued securities. In connection with U.S. corporate restructurings, we regularly counsel clients regarding exemptions from state and federal securities registration laws and related regulatory matters. We also represent individual corporate insiders and assist them with compliance with Rule 144 and related compliance issues.
Public Company Ongoing Compliance. For public company clients, our lawyers advise on a continuing basis about disclosure, corporate governance and both routine and complex regulatory and compliance issues. We assist in the preparation of periodic SEC reports as well as filings triggered by special circumstances and extraordinary transactions. These include insider transactions (including Section 16), option and other equity-based compensation plans, spin-offs, going private transactions, tender offers, proxy contests, corporate restructurings, change in control and other transactional (M&A) events. We also assist holders of significant positions in public companies with their compliance needs (e.g, Section 16 and Section 13(d)).
Please click on a topic area to find examples of the results realized by our clients as a result of our representation.
Commercial Lending. Our commercial lending and finance practice group focuses on structuring, negotiating and documenting secured and unsecured, and committed and discretionary commercial credit facilities, including cash-flow and asset-based transactions. We handle leveraged buyouts and acquisition financing, ESOP loans, real estate loans, DIP Loans, debt restructurings, lines of credit, along with other more specialized lending arrangements. We are able to draw upon the experience from our attorneys in other practice groups, including tax, real estate, employee benefits, energy, environmental, securities, and corporate law to provide clients with the guidance to handle any size financing transaction. Additionally, we routinely assist our clients in negotiating and documenting the syndication, intercreditor, participation and subordination agreements required for complex financing arrangements.
Worldwide Presence. Our corporate clients also benefit from Chamberlain Hrdlicka’s membership in Meritas Law Firms Worldwide, an international association of independent business law firms. In addition to providing a direct presence for transactions involving entities in large or emerging markets throughout the world, our Meritas contacts bring a better understanding of local law and customs that make the foreign environment more transparent.
- TA Associates Acquires Majority Interest in Stadion Money Management. For more information click here. For the press release click here.
- SATAIR USA Successfully Acquires Leading Aviation Batteries Distributor. For more information click here. For the press release click here.
- Chamberlain Hrdlicka represents moving and storage business in sale transaction. For more information click here.
- Chamberlain Hrdlicka represented a nationwide independent sales organization in the sale of credit card processing portfolio accounts to a strategic buyer. For more information click here.
- Chamberlain Hrdlicka represented a privately held reinsurance company in a private placement of securities and the implementation of a phantom stock plan. For more information click here.
- Chamberlain Hrdlicka represented a national call center in a sale to a strategic buyer. For more information click here.
- Chamberlain Hrdlicka represented a purchaser of consumer credit card receivables in the refinance and expansion of its loan facility. For more information click here.
- $125 million secondary public offering of common stock for seismic services company
- $300 million private placement for timber fund
- $110 million acquisition of seismic data acquisition and processing provider
- $70 million sale of directional drilling company to industry-focused venture capital firm
- $150 million private placement for timber fund
- $65 million sale of oil field services company to private equity firm
- $550 million secondary public offering of common stock for a major independent oil and gas company
- $96 million acquisition of interests in investment management firm
- $350 million Rule 144A debt offering and subsequent exchange offering of registered debt securities for a major independent oil and gas company
- $466 million acquisition of U.S. public company with a U.K. controlling shareholder by an Australian public company in a two-step, going private transaction
- Initial public offering of approximately $244 million of common stock for a biotechnology company
- Initial public offering of approximately $103 million of common stock for an oilfield service and marine construction company
- Initial public offering of approximately $63 million of common stock for an information technology company
- Public offering of approximately $300 million of medium-term notes for a major independent natural gas company
- $400 million in public-debt offerings for an independent energy company
- $1.2 billion commercial paper program for an independent energy company
- Representation of a steel fabrication company in its acquisition of another multi-state fabrication business, including the completion of approximately $60 million in senior secured financing and $30 million in subordinated financing
- Representation of publicly-held seismic data acquisition company in its acquisition of a seismic data-processing and surveying business, including the placement of approximately $40 million in subordinated notes and warrants with institutional investors
- $70 million project finance of a brine production facility with institutional participants and sources of financing
- $800 million restructuring of a privately-owned manufacturing company to create a pass-through entity for federal income tax purposes
- Numerous private placements and venture capital financings for a variety of start-up and emerging growth companies
- Five Attorneys join Chamberlain Hrdlicka Houston OfficeJuly 27, 2021
- Article about Stephanie Friese and Scott Augustine on “Chamberlain Hrdlicka Elevates 2 Attys To Lead Atlanta Office”Law360, July 1, 2021
- Stephanie Friese Aron and Scott Augustine named Co-Managing Shareholders in Atlanta OfficeJune 28, 2021
- Chamberlain Hrdlicka attorneys are ranked in Appellate, Commercial Litigation, Construction, Corporate, Criminal Defense, Employee Benefits, Energy, Immigration, Insurance, Intellectual Property, Labor & Employment, Real Estate, Tax, and Trust & EJune 22, 2021
- 14 Chamberlain Hrdlicka Attorneys Named in 2021 “Women in the Law” Business Edition of Best Lawyers in AmericaBest Lawyers in America names Chamberlain Hrdlicka attorneys in "Women in the Law" for 2021June 7, 2021
- Matthew Stirneman joins Chamberlain Hrdlicka’s Houston Office as a Senior Counsel in the Corporate, Securities & Finance PracticeApril 15, 2021
- Super Lawyers names Chamberlain Hrdlicka attorneys as 2021 Georgia Super Lawyers and Rising StarsFebruary 12, 2021
- Habeeb (Hobbs) Gnaim, Practice Chair of the Tax Planning & Business Transactions Group, and assisted by David Pierson and Nathan Hopkins, represented Velentium, LLC in its acquisition of Oasis Testing, L.L.C.January 8, 2021
- Kisshia Simmons joins Chamberlain Hrdlicka’s Houston Office as Senior Associate in the Immigration PracticeJanuary 4, 2021
- PPP Audits and Investigations Practice Client AlertDecember 22, 2020
- Georgia Trend names Chamberlain Shareholders as 2020 "Legal Elite"Georgia Trend, December 1, 2020
- Jaime Vasquez receives Texas Lawyer On the Rise Award for 2020September 18, 2020
- Juan Vasquez, Jr. interviewed about "Three Things to Know about the Extended Paycheck Protection Program"ABC Channel 13 News and Community Impact Newspaper, July 18, 2020
- Chamberlain Shareholder Peter Lowy Appointed to Houston Volunteer Lawyers Board of DirectorsJune 8, 2020
- Chamberlain Corporate Update - Coronavirus Liquidity Concerns? Don't Overlook These Steps Before Selling Selected Business AssetsApril 8, 2020
- Chamberlain Corporate Update - Paycheck Protection Program Loans Under the CARES ActApril 6, 2020
- Chamberlain Corporate Update - Emergency Business PlanningApril 1, 2020
- Chamberlain Tax Planning Update - Tax Relief From The COVID-19 PandemicMarch 31, 2020
- Chamberlain Corporate Update - SBA Loans Under the CARES ActMarch 27, 2020
- Chamberlain Corporate Update - Force Majeure Clauses and the COVID-19 PandemicMarch 25, 2020
- 2020 Georgia Super Lawyers and Rising Stars Named at Chamberlain HrdlickaMarch 4, 2020
- Texas Lawyer, January 13, 2020
- December 2019
- Georgia Trend, December 2019
- Atlanta Business Chronicle, May 28, 2019
- May 15, 2019
- Atlanta Journal-Constitution, April 14, 2019
- March 26, 2019
- February 7, 2019
- Chamberlain Hrdlicka senior counsel discusses attorney-client privilege at annual anti-fraud conference
- Chamberlain Hrdlicka Senior Counsel Presents to Philadelphia Chapter of Association of Certified Fraud ExaminersKevin F. Sweeney discusses attorney-client privilege with anti-fraud organization ACFE
- Former federal tax prosecutor brings deep knowledge of high-stakes IRS audits, tax litigation, white-collar criminal defense, and banking matters
- Houston Law Firm Chamberlain Hrdlicka Recruits M&A Expert; Amy Moss Joins Rapidly Growing Corporate, Securities and Private Equity Finance PracticeOctober 2013
- Chamberlain Hrdlicka Expands Corporate, Labor and Employment Practices with Veteran Talent from Duane Morris LLPMarch 2010
Seminars & Presentations
- Chamberlain Hrdlicka Webinar on New Legal Considerations for Opening Up Your Business During a Pandemic - June 11, 2020 from 2:00-4:00 p.m. CDTFree Webinar on New Legal Considerations for Opening Up Your Business During a PandemicOnline Webinar, June 11, 2020
- Chamberlain Hrdlicka Webinar on Top Legal Traps for Opening Up Your Business in a Pandemic - June 3, 2020 from 2:00-4:00 p.m. CDTFree Webinar on Top Legal Traps for Opening Up Your Business in a PandemicOnline Webinar, June 3, 2020
- Free Webinar on Top Legal Traps for Opening Up Your Business in a PandemicOnline Webinar, May 28, 2020
- Free Webinar on Top Legal Traps for Opening Up Your Business in a PandemicOnline Webinar, May 21, 2020
- Chamberlain Hrdlicka senior counsel will discuss attorney-client privilege at annual anti-fraud conferenceRamada Plaza Conference Center, 390 Forsgate Drive, Monroe Township, NJ 08831
- 33rd Annual National Institute on Criminal Tax Fraud and 6th Annual National Institute on Tax ControversyLas Vegas
- Article by Erica Opitz and Diana Perez Gomez on “Board Considerations for Covid-19 Vaccine Programs"Board Leadership, June 2021
- Article by Juan Vasquez, Jr., Jaime Vasquez, and Victor Viser on "Preparing for a Potential Audit of Your Client's Paycheck Protection Program Loan"Today’s CPA, July 2020
- Article by Erica Opitz on “Surviving COVID-19: Considerations for Selling Select Business Assets”Daily Report, July 6, 2020
- "Who CARES About Tax Issues for Small Business: A Review of the Tax Forgiveness, Tax Deduction, and Other Tax Issues Associated with the CARES Act’s Paycheck Protection Program (“PPP”)"Article by Juan Vasquez, Jr., Jaime Vasquez, and Victor Viser on "Who CARES About Tax Issues for Small Business: A Review of the Tax Forgiveness, Tax Deduction, and Other Tax Issues Associated with the CARES Act’s Paycheck Protection Program (“PPP”)"Texas Tax Lawyer, Spring 2020
- Article by Stewart Weintraub on "The COVID-19 Challenge and How It Is Affecting Businesses, Individuals"Legal Intelligencer, April 21, 2020
- Inside Self-Storage, March 13, 2019
- Credit Union Management, October 25, 2018
- Board Leadership, September 13, 2018
- Business and International Tax Blog, September 2, 2020
- Georgia Legislature Passes Bill to Protect Businesses and Healthcare Providers From COVID-19 LawsuitsBusiness and International Tax Blog, August 7, 2020
- Chamberlain Corporate Update - Coronavirus Liquidity Concerns? Don't Overlook These Steps Before Selling Selected Business AssetsBusiness and International Tax Blog, April 8, 2020
- Business and International Tax Blog, April 6, 2020
- Business and International Tax Blog, April 1, 2020
- Tax Blawg, March 31, 2020
- Business and International Tax Blog, March 30, 2020
- Business and International Tax Blog, March 26, 2020