South Texas College of Law, J.D., 2019
Law Review – Member
Board of Advocates – Co-Chair
The University of Alabama, B.S. in Finance, 2013
Southern District of Texas
David V. Dorris is an associate attorney in the Litigation group. David’s areas of experience include complex commercial litigation, business disputes, construction, labor and employment, trusts and estates matters, and securities litigation. David’s previous experience also includes working for a nationwide construction supplier where he partnered with his clients and supported their business needs.
David’s goal for each of his clients is to bring value to each of them through his counsel and partnership through any needs that may arise. David is focused on building long-term relationships with his clients and provides counsel to assist them in reaching their immediate objectives and future business goals.
- Successfully negotiated non-suit of client through drafting and presenting an anti-slapp motion pursuant to the Texas Citizens Participation Act on behalf of an individual board member
- Argued and successfully obtained summary judgment on all claims by a plaintiff that waged claims of breach of contract
- Argued and obtained a dismissal for claims of employment discrimination
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of service center for the mentally handicapped for claims brought by the plaintiff that violated both Texas and Federal laws
- Houston Bar Association, Litigation and Construction Law section member
- Special Olympics Committee Member, Golf Tournament Committee Member
- Houston and San Antonio offices of Chamberlain Hrdlicka expand with recent new hiresJanuary 3, 2023