University of Texas School of Law, J.D., 2012
Texas A&M University, M.S., Accounting, 2009
Texas A&M University, B.B.A., cum laude, Accounting, 2009
2016–2017 Tax Section Leadership Academy, State Bar of Texas
Outstanding Committee Member of the Year (2015–2016), Houston CPA Society
Presidential Scholarship Recipient, The University of Texas School of Law
Michael Overstreet focuses his practice on tax planning and business transactions. Michael primarily assists clients with corporate reorganizations, recapitalizations, restructuring, conversions, mergers and acquisitions, and entity formation.
Michael is both an attorney and a licensed Certified Public Accountant (CPA). He is actively involved with the Houston CPA Society and the Texas Society of CPAs.
- Represented family-owned businesses in tax-free stock recapitalizations to provide for voting and non-voting stock.
- Represented numerous clients in tax-free reorganizations of their corporate structure.
- Prepared shareholders' agreements and buy-sell agreements to protect the owners of private businesses upon certain events, such as an owner's death, disability, divorce, or bankruptcy, or a fundamental disagreement between the owners regarding the business.
- Represented privately-owned civil engineering firm that specialized in designing offshore oil and gas platforms in approximately $73 million sale to publicly-traded multinational corporation.
- Represented fitness company in pre-closing reorganization and subsequent sale to NY-based private equity firm.
Seminars & Presentations
- Understanding the New Deduction for Pass-Through Business Income and Other Selected Topics, Chamberlain Hrdlicka’s February 2018 Tax Forum
- Main Panel, 2018 West Houston Economic Development Summit, Houston West Chamber of Commerce, February 2, 2018
- 2017 Tax Reform – What do we get, and when? Or something else?, Chamberlain Hrdlicka’s 40th Annual Tax and Business Planning Seminar, November 16, 2017
- 2016 Tax Return Preparation Issues, Chamberlain Hrdlicka's February 2017 Tax Forum
- International Tax Update, presented to the Houston CPA Society International Tax Study Group, February 17, 2016
- State Bar of Texas, Tax Section
- Houston Bar Association, Tax Section
- American Bar Association, Tax Section
- Texas Society of CPAs
- Houston CPA Society; Membership Development Committee, Co-Chair (2016–2017)
- Virtual This Year! Chamberlain Hrdlicka Virtual Annual Tax and Business Planning Seminar is November 10-12, 2020November 10, 2020
- Chamberlain Hrdlicka Tax Alert - Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Loan Forgiveness Tax IssuesMay 21, 2020
- Chamberlain Tax Planning Update - Tax Relief From The COVID-19 Pandemic - April 8, 2020April 8, 2020
- Chamberlain Tax Planning Update - Tax Relief From The COVID-19 PandemicMarch 31, 2020
- Chamberlain Hrdlicka to Host 41st Annual Houston Tax and Business Planning Seminar on October 30 at Marriott WestchaseOctober 12, 2018
Seminars & Presentations
- Chamberlain Hrdlicka's Annual Tax and Business Planning Seminar is Virtual for 2020!November 10, 2020
- Chamberlain Hrdlicka February 2019 West Houston Tax Forum - Marriott WestchaseHouston Marriott Westchase, 2900 Briarpark Dr., Houston, TX 77042, February 26, 2019
- Chamberlain Hrdlicka February 2019 West Loop Tax Forum - HoustonianHoustonian Hotel - 111 North Post Oak Lane, February 21, 2019
- Houston Marriott Westchase, 2900 Briarpark Dr., Houston, Texas 77042, October 30, 2018
- Tax Blawg, April 8, 2020
- Tax Blawg, March 31, 2020
- Tax Blawg, February 26, 2019
- Tax Blawg, February 21, 2019