Corporations, non-profit organizations, and public institutions, large and small, encounter scrutiny from federal, state, and local government agencies, which are less and less tolerant of regulatory mistakes. In addition, businesses face increased litigation initiated by private parties. Businesses should conduct their own internal investigations to quickly and efficiently evaluate each factual situation and determine the most effective response.
Chamberlain Hrdlicka’s internal investigation lawyers investigate allegations of wrongdoing on behalf of public and private companies and institutions, corporate committees, audit committees, and individual officers and directors throughout the world. Our internal investigation team provides comprehensive assessments of criminal and civil exposure and provides strategic counsel regarding each clients’ options.
The internal investigation team consists of attorneys who have served in the U.S. Department of Justice, as state prosecutors and public defenders, as well as experienced corporate advisors, Title IX investigators, and litigators. They are well-positioned to investigate a wide array of subject matters.
White Collar and Regulatory Investigations
A leading tax firm in the U.S., Chamberlain Hrdlicka possesses the talent and resources necessary to thoroughly investigate any tax, financial, or white-collar matter. Our objective is to conduct an internal investigation to deliver strategic advice concerning any possible misconduct within a corporation with minimal disruption to business.
Chamberlain Hrdlicka’s internal investigation team is well-positioned to address clients’ internal investigation needs concerning a wide array of subject matters. Some include:
- Anti-Money Laundering
- Antitrust – Criminal
- Environmental – Civil and Criminal
- False Claims Act
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
- Government Contracts and Procurement Fraud
- Healthcare Fraud
- Public Corruption
- Securities – Civil and Criminal
- Federal and State Tax – Criminal and Civil
Labor and Employment Investigations
Chamberlain Hrdlicka’s experienced attorneys conduct internal investigations to help companies and other organizations identify and resolve workplace issues that pose a threat to business operations. Employment and labor investigations include allegations of:
- Civil Rights Violations and Discrimination
- Workplace Violence
- Internal Theft
- Wage and Hour Claims
Title IX Investigations
Our Title IX attorneys are experienced, independent investigators in matters relating to sexual or gender-based harassment, sexual assault, and interpersonal violence, involving students and employees at colleges and universities. In fact, our Title IX attorneys contribute to the media as the Title IX regulations evolve.
We are committed to ensuring that Title IX investigations on campus are handled professionally and thoroughly. As independent investigators, our attorneys conduct comprehensive and impartial interviews, gather evidence, and issue findings, while respecting the sensitivity of each individual case and ensuring compliance with Title IX legislation.
Chamberlain Hrdlicka’s legal investigators are trained to remain consistently fair and nonjudgmental throughout an investigation, while equipping campus administration with the information necessary to implement and maintain an appropriate response to the case in question. We abide by the most up-to-date procedures for colleges and universities regarding Title IX compliance, as specified by the U.S. Department of Education’s Office of Civil Rights (OCR).
- Juan F. Vasquez, Jr. mentioned in Law360 article on federal tax cases to watch in 2023January 6, 2023
- Kevin Sweeney quoted in Bloomberg Tax articleBloomberg Tax, November 1, 2022
- 2022 Texas Super Lawyers includes Chamberlain Hrdlicka AttorneysSeptember 21, 2022
- Chamberlain Hrdlicka Shareholder Diana Gomez has been named the 2022-2023 President-Elect of the Houston Bar AssociationAugust 10, 2022
- Kevin Sweeney is spotlighted in Bloomberg TaxBloomberg Tax, November 5, 2021
- Two Philadelphia Attorneys elevated by Chamberlain HrdlickaMarch 2, 2021
- Five Attorneys elevated at First Virtual Shareholders MeetingMarch 2, 2021
- Kevin Sweeney in The Legal Intelligencer for 2020 Lawyers on the Fast TrackSeptember 25, 2020
Seminars & Presentations
- Chamberlain Hrdlicka will host Laredo Tax and Business Planning Seminar at the Laredo Country Club on November 8, 2022November 8, 2022
- In-Person & Virtual - Chamberlain Hrdlicka 5th Annual San Antonio Tax and Business Planning Seminar - November 3, 2022Chamberlain Hrdlicka will have our 5th Annual San Antonio Tax and Business Planning Seminar at The St. Anthony Hotel on November 3, 2022November 3, 2022