Arizona State University, Bachelors of Fine Arts in Theatre Performance, 1994
Vanderbilt School of Law, 1997
M&A Advisor's 21st Annual M&A Deal of The Year (Between $50M - $100M) Award, 2022
M&A Advisor’s 18th Annual M&A Advisor Award, 2019
Listed, Best Lawyers in America, 2024
Selected for inclusion in Texas Monthly Super Lawyers Rising Stars Edition, 2006–2012
Gala Honoree and Recipient of Stages Repertory Theatre's 2011 Theodore Award for Leadership Excellence
As a shareholder in Chamberlain Hrdlicka’s Houston office, Amy Moss represents public and private companies in a broad spectrum of corporate transactions, with an emphasis on mergers and acquisitions, restructurings, private placements, public offerings and the cost effective representation of venture capitalists, private equity funds, entrepreneurs, start-ups and emerging technology companies. Amy’s experience extends to all types of general corporate matters, often serving as outside general counsel to her clients. Such clients span a diverse range of industries, including oil and gas exploration and production, oil field services, funeral and cemetery operations, technology, software, travel, healthcare, bioscience and medical technology and clean energy.
Amy has served as an advisor to clients with all types of M&A transactions, including mergers for cash and stock, forward and reverse triangular mergers, sales of assets, sales of stock, joint ventures, recapitalizations, roll-up transactions, exchange offers and restructuring transactions. Amy has also represented clients in securities and capital markets transactions. Her experience includes assisting issuers in a full range of public and private equity and debt offerings, including international public offerings on the Alternative Investment Market (AIM) of the London Stock Exchange.
Amy also counsels venture capital and private equity funds and angel investors with the acquisition, ongoing representation and subsequent disposition of portfolio companies. Additional representation includes entrepreneurs, start-up companies and technology companies with respect to:
- corporate formation and organization
- shareholder and buy-sell agreements
- employment and consulting arrangements
- employee compensation matters
- drafting and implementation of business plans
- initial and subsequent rounds of venture capital and/or private equity financing
Her work with technology companies encompasses software and intellectual property licensing, joint ventures and technology development agreements.
Amy is also a strong contributor to the Houston arts community, having served as the Chairman of the Board and President of Stages Repertory Theatre. In 2011, she received Stages Repertory Theatre's third annual Theodore Award for Leadership Excellence and was honored at their annual gala.
Selected Client Representations
- A home health care product provider in its equity and debt restructuring and financing.
- A clean energy company in its Series C round of financing.
- An oil and gas exploitation company in its $93 million IPO on the Alternative Investment Market (AIM) of The London Stock Exchange.
- A premier academic affiliated venture capital firm with its bioscience and medical technology portfolio companies.
- The acquirer in the merger of two public energy companies.
- The acquirer in the purchase of a mid-western coal mine.
- An international provider of metals to the oilfield industry in a $50 million asset acquisition and simultaneous $100 million credit facility.
- A public funeral and cemetery company in its 1934 Act compliance.
- A wind power development and natural gas-fired power generation company in the sale of its preferred equity.
- An Internet-based travel company in a multi-million dollar merger transaction.
- The sale of a family-owned custom industrial manufacturing company.
- An apparel printer in a $13.5 million asset sale transaction.
- A public energy consulting company in its acquisition of a Canadian subsidiary.
- The lead venture capital investor in a third round financing for a medical waste disposal company.
- An oil and gas exploration company in a $10 million rights offering.
- A food service and vending company in a multi-million dollar asset acquisition.
- A public insurance company in a stock purchase and loan transaction.
- A public food service company with its Rule 144 and Section 16 compliance.
- Chairman of the Board and Past President of Stages Repertory Theatre
- Member of the Advisory Board of the Children’s Museum of Houston
- Member of the Advisory Board of the Private Equity CFO Association
- Texas Bar Foundation Fellow
- Houston Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Best Lawyers in America® recognizes 87 Chamberlain Hrdlicka attorneys in a peer selection process for the 2024 edition of Best Lawyers in AmericaAugust 17, 2023
- Chamberlain Hrdlicka Shareholder Amy Moss wins M&A Deal of the Year at the 21st Annual M&A Advisor AwardsAmy Moss wins M&A Deal of the Year for 2022November 18, 2022
- Amy Moss to co-host discussion on “Is Now a Good Time to Sell Your Company?"October 18, 2022
- Chamberlain Hrdlicka Shareholder Amy Moss announced as Finalist in Three Categories of the 21st Annual M&A Advisor AwardsAmy Moss is a Finalist in Three Categories for the 21st Annual M&A Advisor AwardsOctober 10, 2022
- PPP Audits and Investigations Practice Client AlertDecember 22, 2020
- Article in Texas Lawyer and The American Lawyer on "As COVID-19 Creates Curveballs, Firms Pivot Practices to Keep the Work Coming"September 11, 2020
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Audits and Investigations PracticeSeptember 7, 2020
- Chamberlain Corporate Update - Coronavirus Liquidity Concerns? Don't Overlook These Steps Before Selling Selected Business AssetsApril 8, 2020
- Chamberlain Corporate Update - Paycheck Protection Program Loans Under the CARES ActApril 6, 2020
- Chamberlain Corporate Update - Emergency Business PlanningApril 1, 2020
- Chamberlain Corporate Update - SBA Loans Under the CARES ActMarch 27, 2020
- Texas Lawyer, January 13, 2020
- December 2019
Seminars & Presentations
- Houston Bar Association's Corporate Counsel Section Meeting: "Business Valuations, What Attorneys Must Know"Presentation by Amy Moss on "Business Valuations, What Attorneys Must Know"Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP, Houston, TX, October 18, 2022
- Chamberlain Hrdlicka Webinar on New Legal Considerations for Opening Up Your Business During a Pandemic - June 11, 2020 from 2:00-4:00 p.m. CDTFree Webinar on New Legal Considerations for Opening Up Your Business During a PandemicOnline Webinar, June 11, 2020
- Chamberlain Hrdlicka Webinar on Top Legal Traps for Opening Up Your Business in a Pandemic - June 3, 2020 from 2:00-4:00 p.m. CDTFree Webinar on Top Legal Traps for Opening Up Your Business in a PandemicOnline Webinar, June 3, 2020
- Free Webinar on Top Legal Traps for Opening Up Your Business in a PandemicOnline Webinar, May 28, 2020
- Free Webinar on Top Legal Traps for Opening Up Your Business in a PandemicOnline Webinar, May 21, 2020
- 11/01/2006 - Alternative Capital Markets for Alternative Energy Companies The Alternative Investment Market (AIM) of the London Stock Exchange affords smaller cap companies access to the capital markets through a more streamlined process than an IPO in the United States or even the primary trading market (“Official List”) of the London Stock Exchange.
- Business and International Tax Blog, July 31, 2023
- Business and International Tax Blog, December 23, 2020
- Chamberlain Corporate Update - Coronavirus Liquidity Concerns? Don't Overlook These Steps Before Selling Selected Business AssetsBusiness and International Tax Blog, April 8, 2020
- Business and International Tax Blog, April 6, 2020
- Business and International Tax Blog, April 1, 2020
- Business and International Tax Blog, March 30, 2020