J.D. Escuela Libre de Derecho, cum laude, 2011
LL.M. in Tax Law, Georgetown University Law Center, 2017
Certificate in International Taxation, Georgetown University Law Center, 2017
U.S. Tax Court
U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
Anuar Estafan's practice focuses on the international tax consequences of cross-border investments, in the planning, transactional, and controversy contexts. Mr. Estefan has broad experience with international tax planning, controversy and compliance, and commonly advises clients on a variety of U.S. international tax issues including the application of U.S. anti-deferral regimes, foreign tax credit planning, and tax treaty planning. Mr. Estefan has successfully represented clients in audits before federal and state tax authorities, and in litigation in Tax Court, working in cases involving international tax issues.
Mr. Estefan provides highly specialized advice and guidance to clients by designing corporate structures for U.S. investors doing business in Latin America, and foreign investors doing business in the U.S.
Mr. Estefan also advises multinational families with tax planning, succession planning and wealth preservation strategies.
- Texas Lawyer article highlights the firm’s growth in San Antonio as Patrick Martin, Anuar Estefan and Luz Villegas-Bañuelos join Chamberlain HrdlickaSeptember 2, 2022
- International Tax Attorney Patrick W. Martin and Two Associates join Chamberlain Hrdlicka’s San Antonio OfficeChamberlain Hrdlicka announces the addition of three attorneys to the firm’s San Antonio officeSeptember 1, 2022
Seminars & Presentations
- Chamberlain Hrdlicka Laredo Tax and International Business Planning Seminar on Thursday, November 16, 2023Chamberlain Hrdlicka will host the Laredo Tax and International Business Planning Seminar at the Laredo Country Club on November 16, 2023Laredo Country Club, 1415 Country Club Drive, November 16, 2023
- Chamberlain Hrdlicka 6th Annual San Antonio Tax and International Business Planning Seminar on Wednesday, November 8, 2023Chamberlain Hrdlicka Annual Tax and International Business Planning Seminar will present a variety of important and timely topicsEstancia del Norte Hotel, 37 NE Loop 410 at McCullough, November 8, 2023
- Chamberlain Hrdlicka Brownsville Tax and International Business Planning Seminar at the Rancho Viejo Resort & Country Club on May 25, 2023May 25, 2023
- The University of San Diego School of Law & Chamberlain Hrdlicka International Tax Institute in Mexico City on May 5, 2023Club de Industriales A.C. Mexico City, May 5, 2023
- Chamberlain Hrdlicka will host Laredo Tax and Business Planning Seminar at the Laredo Country Club on November 8, 2022November 8, 2022