UCLA, B.S., History, 2005
University of Miami School of Law, J.D., 2009, Magna Cum Laude, University of Miami Law Review
Named in "Texas Rising Stars" by Texas Super Lawyers, 2019-2022
Named a "Top Lawyer," Houstonia Magazine, 2022
Southern District of Texas
Western District of Texas
Northern District of Texas
Eastern District of Texas
District of Colorado
Northern District of Georgia
The Honorable Jeff Bohm, United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Texas
Jarrod Martin is a litigator with a focus on restructuring and bankruptcy. He has a nationwide practice and represents bankruptcy trustees, creditors, and corporate and high net-worth debtors. Jarrod provides personalized, efficient service for each client and effectively pursues each client’s strategic goals.
Whether you’re a creditor or a debtor, Jarrod is passionate about providing the ability to move beyond the circumstances of the bankruptcy and into new opportunities. He leads the firm’s bankruptcy practice group, while also maintaining a robust litigation practice in both federal and state court. Jarrod is comfortable in the courtroom, whether it is a routine hearing, a multi-day trial, or anything in between.
While his practice involves all types of businesses, he has particular interest and experience in restructuring matters affecting energy companies. This includes representing creditors in some of the largest oil and gas bankruptcies filed in Texas.
Jarrod serves as a Subchapter V Trustee, a fiduciary appointed by the Department of Justice in Chapter 11 cases under the new small business bankruptcy law. This gives him particular insight when representing small businesses under the new law.
- Houstonia names 30 Chamberlain Hrdlicka attorneys as 2022 Top LawyersNovember 30, 2022
- 2022 Texas Super Lawyers includes Chamberlain Hrdlicka AttorneysSeptember 21, 2022
- Hobbs Gnaim, Jarrod Martin, Michael Preng, and Tyler Greenwood represented Page in its Acquisition of EYPJuly 12, 2022
- Stuart Clements, Tres Gibbs, Jarrod Martin, Michael Overstreet, Kelly Shields, Matt Flores, and Leo Unzeitig named Texas Rising StarsMarch 22, 2022
- Texas Super Lawyers names Chamberlain Hrdlicka Attorneys to 2021 ListSeptember 21, 2021
- Super Lawyers names Chamberlain Hrdlicka Attorneys at 2021 Texas Rising StarsMarch 23, 2021
- Virtual This Year! Chamberlain Hrdlicka Virtual Annual Tax and Business Planning Seminar is November 10-12, 2020November 10, 2020
- Jarrod Martin joins Chamberlain Hrdlicka to Launch the Houston Bankruptcy Practice and is Named Co-Chair of Bankruptcy PracticeJarrod Martin joins Chamberlain Hrdlicka to Launch the Houston Bankruptcy Practice and is Named Co-Chair of Bankruptcy PracticeJune 24, 2020
- Texas Lawyer Article on "Chamberlain Hrdlicka adds a bankruptcy practice in Houston"June 24, 2020
Seminars & Presentations
- Article by Jennifer Karpchuk and Jarrod Martin on “A Dash of SALT in Bankruptcy Proceedings”Tax Notes, October 4, 2021
- Article by Jarrod Martin and Tyler Greenwood on “A Primer On Best Practices In Oil And Gas Bankruptcies — Producers"SHALE Oil & Gas Business Magazine, July 23, 2021
- Article by Jarrod Martin and Tyler Greenwood on "A Primer On Best Practices in Oil and Gas Bankruptcies–Royalty Owners”SHALE Oil & Gas Business Magazine, May 19, 2021