Sewanee: The University of the South, B.A. in English, magna cum laude (2010)
University of Alabama School of Law, J.D. (2013); Senior Editor, Alabama Law Review; Bench and Bar Legal Honor Society; Member, John A. Campbell Moot Court Board; Member, Jessup International Moot Court Team; Hugo L. Black Scholar
Listed in Best Lawyers in America "Ones to Watch" (2021-2023)
Rising Star, Georgia Super Lawyers (2018, 2021, 2022)
John Guin is an attorney in the firm’s Commercial Litigation and Construction Litigation practice groups. John represents businesses, officers, directors, and shareholders in complex construction and business disputes, including cases involving claims for breach of contract, fraud, and breach of fiduciary duty.
He also represents owners, contractors, subcontractors, and suppliers in matters involving delay and impact damages, design defects, bond claims, and related issues.
Prior to joining the firm, John worked at a commercial litigation boutique in Birmingham, Alabama, where he represented businesses and shareholders in a variety of cases—including derivative suits and class actions—that involved shareholder oppression, business breakups, securities fraud, insurance coverage, officer and director wrongdoing, and large contract controversies.
- State Bar of Georgia
- State Bar of Alabama
- American Bar Association
- Best Lawyers in America® recognizes 72 Chamberlain Hrdlicka attorneys in a peer selection process for the 2023 edition of Best Lawyers in AmericaAugust 18, 2022
- David Aughtry, Stephanie Friese Aron, Seth Price, Hale Sheppard, Erica Opitz, John Kirbo, John Guin, and Barclay Taylor named as Georgia Super Lawyers, Rising StarsFebruary 15, 2022
- Best Lawyers in America® selects 54 Chamberlain Hrdlicka Attorneys for Recognition for 2022August 19, 2021
- Super Lawyers names Chamberlain Hrdlicka attorneys as 2021 Georgia Super Lawyers and Rising StarsFebruary 12, 2021
- Chamberlain Hrdlicka Attorneys Named to US News – 2021 Best Lawyers in America®, Three Attorneys Recognized as Lawyer of the YearAugust 20, 2020
- Chamberlain Hrdlicka listed in The Top 50 Construction Law Firms™Construction Executive, June 18, 2020
- Chamberlain Construction Update - Construction Allowed to Continue in Georgia under Governor Kemp’s Recent Shelter-in-Place OrderApril 7, 2020
- Chamberlain Construction Update - Your Construction Not Halted by Georgia or Atlanta COVID-19 Executive OrdersMarch 25, 2020
- Credit Union Management, October 25, 2018
- Chamberlain Construction Update - Construction Allowed to Continue in Georgia under Governor Kemp’s Recent Shelter-in-Place OrderBusiness and International Tax Blog, April 7, 2020
- Chamberlain Construction Update - Your Construction Not Halted by Georgia or Atlanta COVID-19 Executive OrdersBusiness and International Tax Blog, March 25, 2020