Sewanee: The University of the South, B.A. in English, magna cum laude (2010)
University of Alabama School of Law, J.D. (2013); Senior Editor, Alabama Law Review; Bench and Bar Legal Honor Society; Member, John A. Campbell Moot Court Board; Member, Jessup International Moot Court Team; Hugo L. Black Scholar
Rising Star, Mid-South Super Lawyers 2018
John Guin is an attorney in the firm’s Commercial Litigation and Construction Litigation practice groups. John represents businesses, officers, directors, and shareholders in complex construction and business disputes, including cases involving claims for breach of contract, fraud, and breach of fiduciary duty.
He also represents owners, contractors, subcontractors, and suppliers in matters involving delay and impact damages, design defects, bond claims, and related issues.
Prior to joining the firm, John worked at a commercial litigation boutique in Birmingham, Alabama, where he represented businesses and shareholders in a variety of cases—including derivative suits and class actions—that involved shareholder oppression, business breakups, securities fraud, insurance coverage, officer and director wrongdoing, and large contract controversies.
- State Bar of Georgia
- State Bar of Alabama
- American Bar Association
- Chamberlain Hrdlicka listed in The Top 50 Construction Law Firms™Construction Executive, June 18, 2020
- Chamberlain Construction Update - Construction Allowed to Continue in Georgia under Governor Kemp’s Recent Shelter-in-Place OrderApril 7, 2020
- Chamberlain Construction Update - Your Construction Not Halted by Georgia or Atlanta COVID-19 Executive OrdersMarch 25, 2020
- Credit Union Management, October 25, 2018
- Chamberlain Construction Update - Construction Allowed to Continue in Georgia under Governor Kemp’s Recent Shelter-in-Place OrderBusiness and International Tax Developments, April 7, 2020
- Chamberlain Construction Update - Your Construction Not Halted by Georgia or Atlanta COVID-19 Executive OrdersBusiness and International Tax Developments, March 25, 2020