Washington University, B.S. (Accounting) 1979
Georgetown University School of Law, J.D., Cum Laude, 1982
New York University School of Law, LL.M. (Taxation), 1984
United States Tax Court
Mark Lubin is a tax attorney and CPA with extensive experience in M&A, international tax, joint ventures, restructurings, alternative investment vehicles and other areas of taxation important to companies operating globally and other complex or growing businesses.
Mark has held senior in-house tax management and advisory positions, was tax a partner at two New York law firms and held senior roles in public accounting. His roles have included:
- Head of International Tax at BNY Mellon, where he managed the international tax function for the Bank and its affiliated entities in more than 30 countries through a team of 10 tax professionals.
- Management of the US tax function for a $9+ billion platform of GE Capital’s real estate business, where he developed and implemented planning measures to minimize adverse tax consequences associated with the financial crisis.
- First Vice President and senior tax counsel at Merrill Lynch, where he managed the tax planning function and provided advisory support for several Merrill Lynch businesses.
- Private practice, representing a diverse client base including US and foreign companies in finance, real estate, technology, consumer products, manufacturing, and media. That practice has focused primarily on transactional and international taxation, and has also included handling substantial tax audits and controversies at federal, state and local levels.
In these capacities, Mark has been effective at obtaining tax benefits (including reduced effective corporate tax rates), minimizing tax risk, overseeing tax compliance and provision functions achieving favorable tax audit results, advocating for changes in tax laws and regulations, and navigating tax implications of non-tax initiatives such as acquisitions, dispositions, joint ventures, product initiatives, and regulatory compliance.
Mark has written articles in leading tax publications on international and corporate tax topics, and he has been a speaker and educator on business-related tax issues at conferences sponsored by organizations including the American Bar Association, Tax Executives International, Atlas, the Council for Tax Education, and the New York State Society of CPAs. He taught tax courses at the City University of New York and the Center for Professional Education, and he is past President of the New York University Tax Society.
- Virtual This Year! Chamberlain Hrdlicka Virtual Annual Tax and Business Planning Seminar is November 10-12, 2020November 10, 2020
Seminars & Presentations
- Chamberlain Hrdlicka's Annual Tax and Business Planning Seminar is Virtual for 2020!November 10, 2020
Online, on-demand courses in Corporate Transactional Tax, International Acquisitions and Dispositions, Investment Partnerships, Like-kind Exchanges and U.S International Tax. To view the list of the courses, please click here.