Oberlin College, Bachelor of Arts
Case Western Reserve University, Juris Doctorate, cum laude
Senior Editor, Health-Matrix: Journal of Law-Medicine.
J. Braxton Craven National Constitutional Law Moot Court Competition.
Scott Augustine is the Chair of the Corporate, Securities & Finance Section in Atlanta and a member of our firm’s Board of Directors.
Mr. Augustine is an innovative and trusted advisor to, and advocate for, businesses across the country. A legal practitioner for over two decades, in the last three years, Mr. Augustine handled mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures with deal sizes ranging from $10 million to $250 million, and collectively valued at more than $500 million; venture capital and private placement offerings and investments in excess of $325 million combined; and borrower-side loan transactions with aggregate closing values of approximately $300 million.
Mr. Augustine serves as general outside counsel to a wide spectrum of industries including: manufacturers, contractors, industrial service providers, physicians and physician groups, commercial real estate (owners, builders and developers), consumer finance, automobile dealerships, waste disposal, family offices, franchises, health care, licensing and distribution, logistics, chemicals, technology, commercial insurance, merchant services, retail services, telecommunications, and professional and environmental consulting.
Working with entrepreneurs and owners, CEOs, general counsel, and other C-suite and lead executives, Mr. Augustine’s practice is focused on the intersection of law and business.
Recent Representative Transactions
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- $18,000,000 consumer product company;
- $12,000,000 logistics company;
- $82,000,000 logistics company;
- $10,000,000 manufacturing company;
- $250,000,000 chemical company;
- $25,000,000 C&D waste company;
- $16,000,000 Independent Sales Organization;
- $100,000,000 insurance brokerage business;
- $14,000,000 insurance brokerage business;
- $32,000,000 automobile dealerships;
- $21,000,000 automobile dealerships;
- $14,000,000 professional consulting firm;
- $176,000,000 industry roll-up;
- $4,000,000 triangular merger;
- $15,000,000 redemption of dissenting shareholder;
- $82,000,000 logistics company;
- Loan transactions (on behalf of borrowers):
- $12,500,000 debt facility to purchase consumer receivables;
- $65,000,000 syndicated term and revolving loans;
- $38,000,000 syndicated term and revolving loans;
- $20,000,000 construction loan for condominium project;
- $11,000,000 operating loan consolidation;
- $15,000,000 permanent financing loan for multi-family development;
- $15,000,000 construction loan;
- $60,000,000 asset based loan;
- $20,000,000 asset based loan;
- Numerous $1,000,000 to $10,000,000 loans;
- Private Placements:
- Over $350,000,000 raised in private placements;
- State Blue Sky Laws;
- Venture Capital;
- Private Equity;
- Structuring Capital Stacks and Distribution Waterfalls;
- General Matters:
- Heavy concentration on contract drafting;
- Employee equity incentive plans and phantom stock plans;
- Complex shareholders’ agreements and operating agreements;
- Purchase and supply agreements, UCC Article 2 matters;
- Serving as general outside counsel to clients