University of Texas School of Law, J.D., 2016
University of Texas at Austin, B.A., Government Honors, 2013
Greg Henson is a Senior Associate in the Corporate, Securities & Finance and Real Estate practice in Houston. Greg advises private equity firms and private and public companies in connection with corporate and transactional matters, including mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, private placement offerings, structuring and negotiating investment funds, and general corporate matters.
Previously, Greg practiced corporate law at a Houston-based international law firm and as in-house counsel for a Houston-based international real estate investment manager and developer, focusing on real estate investment funds and joint ventures.
Mergers and Acquisitions (Previously Assisted On):
- Rice Energy in its $6.7 billion public merger with EQT Corporation and the proxy contest defense against JANA Partners, creating the largest independent producer of natural gas in the United States.
- Patterson-UTI Energy in its $1.76 billion all-stock public merger with Seventy-Seven Energy.
- StoneMor Partners L.P., a leading owner and operator of cemeteries and funeral homes, in its conversion from a master limited partnership to a Delaware corporation, StoneMor Inc.
- First Reserve in its $135 million acquisition of TriMas Corporation’s Lamons business, a provider of industrial sealing and fastener solutions.
- FleetPride, a TPG portfolio company and the industry’s largest distributor of heavy-duty truck and trailer parts, in its sale to American Securities.
- KLR Energy Acquisition Corp., a Delaware special purpose acquisition company, in the $445 million combination with Tema Oil and Gas Company to form Rosehill Resources.
- Hi-Crush Partners LP in the $96.25 million acquisition of its general partner.
Private Equity (Previously Assisted On):
- Warburg Pincus in the $500 million line of equity commitment to RimRock Oil & Gas, an E&P company focused on unconventional assets in the United States and Canada.
- Spur Energy Partners in the formation of a partnership with KKR to acquire oil and gas production development assets.
- EnCap in a line of equity investment in a newly formed company focused on the acquisition and development of oil and gas properties in the United States.
- EnCap in the reorganization of a fund and its portfolio companies for tax efficiency.
Private Equity Offerings (Previously Assisted On):
- StoneMor Partners L.P. in its $58 million private placement of Series A preferred units.
- $56.8 million private placement to fund the development of a multi-family project in Milwaukee’s Historic Third Ward.
- $41 million private placement offering to fund development of a mixed-use project in downtown Minneapolis.
- $39.4 million private placement offering in a qualified opportunity zone fund to develop a multi-family project in Hyattsville, Maryland.
Investment Funds (Previously Assisted On):
- Creation and administration of a flagship commingled open-ended U.S. core-plus real estate fund consisting of $1.5 billion in investor commitments.
- Creation and administration of a flagship closed-ended fund focused on tactical investments with over $640 million in investor commitments.
- Creation of a closed-ended fund taking a broad limited partner position in the client's investment portfolio consisting of $384 million in investor commitments.
- Creation of a closed-ended employee-equity fund with $53 million in employee commitments.
Joint Ventures (Previously Assisted On):
- Joint Venture with to acquire luxury apartment complex in Bellevue, Washington for $233 million.
- Joint Venture to develop a logistics center in Seoul, South Korea.
- Joint Venture to develop a qualified opportunity zone multifamily project in Austin, Texas.
- Joint Venture to purchase $61 million data center in downtown San Jose, California, and convert to high-end office space.
- State Bar of Texas
- Chamberlain Hrdlicka, led by Habeeb "Hobbs" Gnaim, Represented Pinnacle Plastics, Inc. with new Portfolio Investment from Main Street Capital CorporationThe investment will facilitate the growth recapitalization of Pinnacle PlasticsJanuary 16, 2024
- Houston office continues to grow with addition of six attorneysJuly 28, 2023