Law degree from CETYS Universidad in Baja California, Mexico with highest honors (2016) Outstanding mention in the General Exam for Graduating with a Degree-LAW (EGEL)
JD, University of San Diego School of Law, magna cum laude (2019) Order of the Coif; CALI Award (highest grade) in Tax I; San Diego International Law Journal, Provisional Member
LLM in Taxation, University of San Diego School of Law (2020)
Luz Villegas-Bañuelos is an associate in the International Tax practice in San Antonio. She assists multinational individuals and families with a wide range of international and U.S. tax law issues, including pre-immigration planning, expatriation, as well as international estate and tax planning. Luz assists a broad range of international clients with cross-border business and tax-related planning, tax compliance, and assists clients in disputes with different government taxing agencies including the Internal Revenue Service.
Luz earned her law degree from CETYS Universidad in her home city of Mexicali, Baja California, Mexico with highest honors. She also received her JD degree from the University of San Diego School of Law, cum laude, as well as an LLM degree in Taxation.
- Co-Chair of the San Diego chapter of the California Young Tax Lawyers
- Member of the San Diego La Raza Lawyers
- In Tax Notes International cover story, Patrick Martin, Sebastien Chain and Luz Villegas-Banuelos examine three recent taxpayer victories in precedent-setting international information reporting cases: Aroeste, Bittner, and FarhySeptember 20, 2023
- Texas Lawyer article highlights the firm’s growth in San Antonio as Patrick Martin, Anuar Estefan and Luz Villegas-Bañuelos join Chamberlain HrdlickaSeptember 2, 2022
- International Tax Attorney Patrick W. Martin and Two Associates join Chamberlain Hrdlicka’s San Antonio OfficeChamberlain Hrdlicka announces the addition of three attorneys to the firm’s San Antonio officeSeptember 1, 2022
Seminars & Presentations
- Chamberlain Hrdlicka Laredo Tax and International Business Planning Seminar on Thursday, November 16, 2023Chamberlain Hrdlicka will host the Laredo Tax and International Business Planning Seminar at the Laredo Country Club on November 16, 2023Laredo Country Club, 1415 Country Club Drive, November 16, 2023
- Chamberlain Hrdlicka 6th Annual San Antonio Tax and International Business Planning Seminar on Wednesday, November 8, 2023Chamberlain Hrdlicka Annual Tax and International Business Planning Seminar will present a variety of important and timely topicsEstancia del Norte Hotel, 37 NE Loop 410 at McCullough, November 8, 2023
- Chamberlain Hrdlicka 46th Annual Houston Tax and Business Planning Seminar on Wednesday, November 1, 2023 at The HoustonianChamberlain Hrdlicka Annual Tax and Business Planning Seminar will present a variety of important and timely TopicsThe Houstonian, 111 North Post Oak Lane, November 1, 2023
- Chamberlain Hrdlicka Brownsville Tax and International Business Planning Seminar at the Rancho Viejo Resort & Country Club on May 25, 2023May 25, 2023
- The University of San Diego School of Law & Chamberlain Hrdlicka International Tax Institute in Mexico City on May 5, 2023Club de Industriales A.C. Mexico City, May 5, 2023
- Chamberlain Hrdlicka will host Laredo Tax and Business Planning Seminar at the Laredo Country Club on November 8, 2022November 8, 2022
"International Estate Planning," a course at the University of San Diego School of Law regarding all the implications, consequences and important topics related to cross border tax and estate planning.