University of Texas, B.B.A., 2007
Texas A&M University, M.B.A., 2010
South Texas College of Law, J.D., 2011
Named a "Top Lawyer" (Houstonia Magazine), 2022
Matt Stirneman’s practice focuses on corporate finance, securities, real estate and other general business matters. He represents financial institutions, borrowers, and others in financing transactions, including asset-based lending transactions, project financings, real estate loans, and syndicated credit facilities. He also has experience in capital market transactions and corporate energy work, including acquisitions, divestitures, and due diligence projects.
Represented borrower in negotiating credit facility committing up to $125 million in term loans from private equity lender
- Represented an oil and gas company in a $50,000,000 revolving credit facility to finance the purchase of oil and gas assets in Kansas, Mississippi, Oklahoma, and Texas.
- Represented an oil and gas service provider in a $12,000,000 revolving credit facility to financing new equipment and other expansion plans.
- Represented a concrete manufacturer in a $10,000,000 revolving credit facility and a $15,000,000 real estate term loan to finance the improvements of their existing facilities.
- Represented a fitness club franchise in a $25,000,000 delayed draw term facility and a $40,000,000 term loan to finance special distributions and the development of new fitness club locations.
- Represented a law firm in a credit facility to fund costs associated with complex litigation.
- Represented an owner and operator of convenience stores and fuel distribution outlets in a $55,000,000 credit facility for purchasing new units.
- Represented a privately held exploration and production company in a $200 million senior secured revolving credit facility with a regional U.S. Bank.
- Represented an independent oil and gas exploration and production company in a $500 million secured first lien credit facility and a $150 million secured second lien term loan facility with a major U.S. Bank.
- Represented an offshore drilling company in revolving credit facility secured by various drilling barges and leasing financing agreement for the purchase of additional vessels.
- Represented of a private equity fund in a $32,000,000 revolving credit facility and a $5,000,000 term facility to support the recapitalization and merger of two providers of chimney and hearth repair and replacement products.
- Represented a private equity fund in a senior secured revolving credit facility, term loan, and delayed draw term loan to finance the acquisition of a construction services company.
- Represented a private equity fund in $22,500,000 of senior secured credit facilities for the expansion of a bakery franchise.
- Represented a commercial bank as administrate agent in a $52,500,000 revolving credit facility and a $10,000,000 term facility to finance the expansion of a large retail chain with locations throughout the United States.
- Represented a regional bank in a $9,900,000 Term Loan to finance the acquisition of multiple convenience stores.
- Represented a national bank in a $6,000,000 Term Loan to finance the acquisition of a golf course.
- Represented a commercial bank in a $37,000,000 revolving credit facility for a leading manufacturer of steal buildings, secured by various properties in Oklahoma, Georgia, Minnesota, Texas, and Louisiana.
- Represented a regional bank as the administrative agent in a $15,000,000 revolving credit facility, $5,000,000 real estate term loan, and an $8,000,000 equipment term loan.
- Represented a commercial bank in a $40,000,000 revolving credit facility to finance the expansion of a services company specializing in law enforcement canines for private and government clients.
- Represented a regional bank in a $13,500,000 revolving credit facility to finance the expansion of a paper merchant and distributor of paper products.
- Represented a commercial bank in a $27,600,000 term loan secured by a U.S. flagged offshore supply vessel and certain other assets.
- Represented the corporate trust department of various banks in their capacity as indenture trustee and collateral agent in various capital market transactions.
- American Bar Association
- Houston Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas, Oil, Gas and Energy Resource Law Section
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Three Transactions led by Habeeb (Hobbs) Gnaim named Finalists of the 22nd Annual M&A Advisor Awards in Seven Categories22nd Annual M&A Advisor Awards Names three transactions led by Habeeb (Hobbs) Gnaim as Finalists in Seven CategoriesSeptember 7, 2023
- Chamberlain Hrdlicka’s Client Deal Wins 2023 ACG Houston Deal of the Year Award in Industrial Services – Corporate Strategic Acquisition CategoryClient Deal led by Habeeb ‘Hobbs’ Gnaim Wins ACG Houston Deal of the Year Award in Industrial Services – Corporate Strategic Acquisition CategoryApril 26, 2023
- Client Deal led by Habeeb ‘Hobbs’ Gnaim among the finalists for the ACG Sixth Annual Deal of the Year AwardsApril 17, 2023
- Attorney at Law Magazine: Chamberlain Hrdlicka’s Tax Planning & Business Transactions Group represented Company of Merchants in its Acquisition of C & D Scrap MetalDeal led by Habeeb (Hobbs) Gnaim featured in Attorney at Law MagazineFebruary 21, 2023
- Chamberlain Hrdlicka’s Tax Planning & Business Transactions Group represented Company of Merchants in its acquisition of C&D Scrap MetalTeam led by Habeeb (Hobbs) Gnaim represented Company of Merchants in its acquisition of C&D Scrap MetalFebruary 7, 2023
- Chamberlain Hrdlicka's Tax Planning & Business Transactions Group, led by Habeeb (Hobbs) Gnaim, represented Monarch Silica, LLC in its $175 Million Sale to ProFrac Holding Corp.Team led by Habeeb (Hobbs) Gnaim represented Monarch Silica, LLC in its $175 Million Sale to ProFrac Holding Corp.January 5, 2023
- Houstonia names 30 Chamberlain Hrdlicka attorneys as 2022 Top LawyersNovember 30, 2022
- Law360 article about Chamberlain Hrdlicka Adding Five New AttorneysAugust 6, 2021
- Five Attorneys join Chamberlain Hrdlicka Houston OfficeJuly 27, 2021
- Matthew Stirneman joins Chamberlain Hrdlicka’s Houston Office as a Senior Counsel in the Corporate, Securities & Finance PracticeApril 15, 2021