Issues related to Intellectual Property (“IP”) are of great significance to our clients and prospective clients as a consequence of the rapid expansion and private investment. Many times, a company is selected to provide a service, hired as a contractor or sub-contractor, or maintains an edge because of the IP they have developed, either in-house or in conjunction with outside contractors. Little is more frustrating than discovering that you have unwittingly failed to adequately protect your IP and that someone is trying to use it or take it without just compensation.
Chamberlain Hrdlicka’s practice group prides itself on the results it has achieved for its clients in promoting, preserving, and protecting IP rights. Our team of attorneys can assist you with evaluating your existing IP, applications to protect and preserve new IP developed by your company, the drafting of agreements and contracts to protect your existing and future IP, and with defending or prosecuting claims of improper taking or misuse of IP. What follows are some examples of the results we provide to our clients, as well as matters of expertise in this area.
- Providing analysis of existing IP, its worth, and how to best protect it in the future.
- Drafting of licensing agreements to allow for use patents, trademarks, copyrights, and other IP, either by our clients or by business partners of our clients
- Drafting of non-compete agreements and work for hire agreements to protect our clients from potential misuse of IP by both employees and independent contractors.
- Negotiating, facilitating, and drafting agreements for the sale of or licensing of IP by our clients to other individuals or entities.
- Drafting of employment procedural handbooks and company policies concerning IP issues.
- Obtaining injunctive relief in the form of Temporary Restraining Orders, Temporary Injunctions, and Permanent Injunctions for various clients to protect
- Representation of a major international general contractor engaged in the engineering, procurement, construction, and installation of floating production systems in prosecuting a lawsuit for unlawful copyright infringement and trade secret violations against a competitor for use of design schematics, technical specifications, and other documents related to a Tension Leg Platform.
- Representation of a company in securing enforcement of a licensing agreement for use of that company’s IP.
- Pursuing litigation to prevent former employees of clients from utilizing trade secrets and other IP, as well as to enforce non-compete agreements, after the former employees accepted new employment positions with competitors.
- Technology & IP Transactions Practice LaunchJune 10, 2020
- Sebastian Chain, Justin VandenBout and Jaime Vasquez named 2020 Rising StarsMarch 10, 2020
- December 2019
- Record Number of Chamberlain Hrdlicka Attorneys Named to US News 2020 Best Lawyers in America® and Four Attorneys Recognized as Lawyer of the YearAugust 15, 2019
- April 2017
Seminars & Presentations
- Houston Marriott Westchase, 2900 Briarpark Dr., Houston, Texas 77042, October 30, 2018