We build, commercialize, and enforce IP assets globally.
Issues related to Intellectual Property (“IP”) are of great significance to our clients. In business, competition for growth is fierce and IP assets should help drive that growth. However, an increasingly complex landscape of laws, regulations, and legal decisions poses a constant challenge. Chamberlain Hrdlicka’s IP practice group prides itself on navigating this landscape to achieve results for its clients in building, commercializing, and enforcing IP rights. We stand out because we not only know our clients’ business and technology, we know our clients’ competitors and industries and use our legal and business experience to maximize our clients’ competitive advantage. We are relentless advocates for our clients. We prioritize our partnership and respond quickly to business demands by offering actionable solutions to lower risk while maximizing opportunity.
Our team of professionals with technical backgrounds, advanced degrees, and industry experience provides comprehensive, multidisciplinary IP and technology law services to clients worldwide. Our services include defending or prosecuting claims of improper taking or misuse of IP. Our team also negotiates agreements to transfer and commercialize IP and technology around the world, including licensing and mergers and acquisitions. Our services also include filing and prosecuting applications to protect and preserve new IP as well as challenging or defending patents and trademarks at the United States Patent & Trademark Office. Our IP team also provides strategic counseling, including evaluating existing IP.
Our extensive IP experience includes working with top Fortune® 100 and other large companies on complex IP issues in industries such as computers and technology, semiconductors, air conditioning, oil and gas equipment and services, and petroleum refining. However, we also emphasize working with small and medium-sized companies in a broad range of technologies. In 2019 alone, our IP team filed over 380 U.S. patent applications and 350 international applications in multiple technology areas.
Our specialties include:
- Best Lawyers in America® recognizes 87 Chamberlain Hrdlicka attorneys in a peer selection process for the 2024 edition of Best Lawyers in AmericaAugust 17, 2023
- Houston Business Journal – Chamberlain Hrdlicka plans $6M update at Allen Center headquarters to accommodate growthChamberlain Hrdlicka’s continued growth in Texas drives strategic office renovations in Houston and San AntonioAugust 4, 2023
- Chamberlain Hrdlicka’s Houston-Based Team, led by Habeeb "Hobbs" Gnaim and David Pierson, Represented ZT Corporate in its Acquisition of Exceptional Emergency Center’s Texas LocationsTeam led by Habeeb (Hobbs) Gnaim and David Pierson represented ZT Corporate in Acquisition of Exceptional Emergency Center’s Texas LocationsJuly 24, 2023
- Chamberlain Hrdlicka’s Client Deal Wins 2023 ACG Houston Deal of the Year Award in Industrial Services – Corporate Strategic Acquisition CategoryClient Deal led by Habeeb ‘Hobbs’ Gnaim Wins ACG Houston Deal of the Year Award in Industrial Services – Corporate Strategic Acquisition CategoryApril 26, 2023
- Juristat’s Top Patent Firms ranks Chamberlain Hrdlicka for second year in a rowMarch 10, 2023
- Houston and San Antonio offices of Chamberlain Hrdlicka expand with recent new hiresJanuary 3, 2023
- Houstonia names 30 Chamberlain Hrdlicka attorneys as 2022 Top LawyersNovember 30, 2022
- Jeffrey Della Rocco, Lauren Herrera, Jack Li, Jason Patton and Karen Tate join Chamberlain HrdlickaMarch 17, 2022
- Chamberlain Hrdlicka ranked in the Technology Center 2100 CategoryFebruary 2, 2022
- Ali, Dean, Foreman, McMichael, Sima and Tate Join Chamberlain Houston OfficeDecember 21, 2021
- Best Lawyers in America® selects 54 Chamberlain Hrdlicka Attorneys for Recognition for 2022August 19, 2021
- Chamberlain Hrdlicka attorneys are ranked in Appellate, Commercial Litigation, Construction, Corporate, Criminal Defense, Employee Benefits, Energy, Immigration, Insurance, Intellectual Property, Labor & Employment, Real Estate, Tax, and Trust & EJune 22, 2021
- Mike Mullen joins Chamberlain Hrdlicka’s Houston Office as Associate in the Intellectual Property PracticeJanuary 11, 2021
- Houstonia Magazine names Chamberlain Attorneys as 2021 Top LawyersHoustonia Magazine, November 30, 2020
- Technology & IP Transactions Practice LaunchJune 10, 2020
- Sebastien Chain, Justin VandenBout and Jaime Vasquez named 2020 Rising StarsMarch 10, 2020
- December 2019
- Law360, November 22, 2019
- Law360, November 12, 2019
- Record Number of Chamberlain Hrdlicka Attorneys Named to US News 2020 Best Lawyers in America® and Four Attorneys Recognized as Lawyer of the YearAugust 15, 2019
- April 2017
Seminars & Presentations
- Chamberlain Hrdlicka will host Laredo Tax and Business Planning Seminar at the Laredo Country Club on November 8, 2022November 8, 2022
- In-Person & Virtual - Chamberlain Hrdlicka 5th Annual San Antonio Tax and Business Planning Seminar - November 3, 2022Chamberlain Hrdlicka will have our 5th Annual San Antonio Tax and Business Planning Seminar at The St. Anthony Hotel on November 3, 2022November 3, 2022
- 43rd Annual Tax and Business Planning Virtual Seminar is on November 2-4, 2021November 4, 2021
- Houston Marriott Westchase, October 30, 2018