Chamberlain Hrdlicka’s Employee Retention Tax Credit (ERTC) Practice can provide the expertise to advise and assist businesses on ERTC issues. The ERTC was part of the CARES Act, enacted as part of the Congressional response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Our attorneys have been at the forefront of the ERTC since it was created. We have been assisting clients with all aspects of the ERTC, including advising companies, boards, accounting firms, PEO’s, ERTC companies, and many others on ERTC matters. We have also been published in a number of regional and national publications regarding ERTC topics, have provided expert interviews for industry-leading publications, have created and presented educational seminars for private, regional and national audiences, and have engaged in the ongoing legislative and advocacy process.
We have proactively assisted clients to determine potential eligibility, provide opinion letters where appropriate, assist accounting teams with the 941-X process, assess risk, ensure compliance, and provide review/audit and appeals defense and other support for potential IRS investigations. Where appropriate, our top 10 nationally ranked Tax Controversy team will litigate ERTC matters.
Given the billions of dollars provided to the IRS as part of the Inflation Reduction Act, the IRS has hired hundreds of workers to review, process, audit, and litigate ERTC matters. We expect the IRS audit rate for ERTC matters to be quite significant as compared to the general national audit rate.
If you have questions or comments regarding potential ERTC eligibility, or if civil or criminal enforcement actions have already been initiated, our nationally-renowned attorneys can provide guidance and an immediate, thorough, and effective defense for you and your business.
Seminars & Presentations
- Chamberlain Hrdlicka Brownsville Tax and International Business Planning Seminar at the Rancho Viejo Resort & Country Club on May 25, 2023May 25, 2023
- Chamberlain Hrdlicka will host Laredo Tax and Business Planning Seminar at the Laredo Country Club on November 8, 2022November 8, 2022
- In-Person & Virtual - Chamberlain Hrdlicka 5th Annual San Antonio Tax and Business Planning Seminar - November 3, 2022Chamberlain Hrdlicka will have our 5th Annual San Antonio Tax and Business Planning Seminar at The St. Anthony Hotel on November 3, 2022November 3, 2022
- Tom Cullinan and Juan Vasquez, Jr.'s article, "Emerging Issues in Tax Compliance After IRS Funding Increase,” in Tax Notes FederalTax Notes, May 8, 2023
- Employee Benefits Blog - E-Blog, January 29, 2021