St. Lawrence University, B.A., 1992
State University of New York at Buffalo School of Law, J.D., 1995
Named one of Building Design & Construction Magazine's "40 under 40" for 2009
“Future Business Leaders Program,” Associated Builders & Contractors of Georgia, 2005
Listed in Best Lawyers in America, 2020
U.S. District Court, Northern District of Georgia
U.S. District Court, Northern District of New York
U.S. Court of Federal Claims
U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
Gina M. Vitiello practices contract law and commercial litigation with an emphasis on issues related to the construction industry across a wide variety of projects including hospitals, hotels, courthouses, airports, office buildings, ambulatory surgery centers, prisons, power plants, water treatment plants, manufacturing facilities, educational and military facilities, retail properties and multi-family residential complexes. Ms. Vitiello represents clients in contract negotiation matters, dispute avoidance/resolution and litigation. She has extensive experience in handling large, complex construction claims involving delay and impact damages, as well as design and construction defect issues.
She also assists in drafting construction and commercial contracts, including general contracts, professional service agreements, construction management agreements, design-build contracts, subcontracts, joint venture agreements, energy savings performance contracts, and long-term service and maintenance agreements. She advises clients on state, local and federal government contract and procurement issues, as well as government bid dispute issues.
Ms. Vitiello has served as outside regional construction counsel to one of the largest specialty subcontractors in the country, for which she provided daily counsel on virtually all construction-related issues, from disputed change orders to termination of defaulted subcontractors. She has significant litigation experience, having litigated cases in more than 15 states and having handled matters involving commercial and public projects spanning across the country and internationally.
Gina is a LEED Accredited Professional as certified by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) and is able to counsel clients on many different aspects of "green building" legal issues.
Seminars & Presentations
- "Being Green is Easier Than You Think: Maximizing Commercial and Tax Incentives of Green Building," May 2009
- “Recent Developments in Construction Law,” Georgia Institute of Technology, Construction Management Program, 2005 Deadly Contract Clauses,” Hispanic Contractors Association of Georgia, November 2006 “Tricks, Traps & Ploys Used in Construction Scheduling,” Lorman Education Services, Atlanta, Georgia, February 2007
- “Filing Liens in Georgia,” Hispanic Contractors Association of Georgia, August 2007)
- American Bar Association, Public Contracts Section
- Atlanta Bar Association, Construction Law Section
- Member, Associated Builders & Contractors of Georgia (ABCGA)
- Member, Hispanic Contractors Association of Georgia (HCAG)
- Member, American Concrete Institute,
- Member, Georgia Solar Energy Association
- Board of Directors, AIDAtlanta
- Alumnae, Pi Beta Phi
- Chamberlain Construction Update - Your Construction Not Halted by Georgia or Atlanta COVID-19 Executive OrdersMarch 25, 2020
- February 13, 2020
- Real Estate Bisnow, December 17, 2019
- The Daily Report, November 22, 2019
- Record Number of Chamberlain Hrdlicka Attorneys Named to US News 2020 Best Lawyers in America® and Four Attorneys Recognized as Lawyer of the YearAugust 15, 2019
- Engineering News-Record, October 24, 2018
- “Recording Online Meetings: A Guide to eDiscovery Best Practices” article by Gina Vitiello in Daily ReportNovember 8, 2019
- Construction Executive, June 6, 2016